For Sale - 1980 XS 650 Special II $1500, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 $950, Both $2000 firm.

That sounds like a low ask on the Bullet. What's wrong with it?
I had a minor accident going up a hill with no shoulder and a stop sign. I put my foot down at the sign and didn't touch the ground. A slow roll over into the ditch. I broke the mirror off and dented the tank with the handle bars. The oil needs changing and the air cleaner too. I also shorted the starter button when trying to jump it. Everything works but the starter button.
Sorry for the blur in the fourth photo. It is a part of the front brake lever and mirror assembly.

Attachments

• damage done 1.JPG
    damage done 1.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 24
  • damage done 2.JPG
    damage done 2.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 24
  • damage done 3.JPG
    damage done 3.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 22
  • damade done 4.JPG
    damade done 4.JPG
    594.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Chattanooga, Tennessee at the foot of Signal Mountain Blvd. This is for pick up only. I cannot ship.
Both motorcycles are in the following thread
https://www.xs650.com/threads/first-impression-the-1980-xs650-special-ii.60893/
Please ask if you have any questions. I can fill in what needs to be said.
Thanks,
Tinker Taylor
It would make things easier on us if you posted a couple of current pics of each bike here, instead of giving us a link to 7 pages of posts that we have to sift through.

Sorry @DogBunny. These pictures were taken last spring. I totally dropped the ball. I turn 70 in 3 weeks and really need to settle for a more sedate driving experience. I will be totally honest with my misgivings on the Bullet. I felt it was top heavy, underpowered, and just never enjoyed the ride as I spoiled myself on a Harley 883 Hugger in 1987.
The XS 650 is sitting as it is with a cover over it. Both have been outside, and both need a good home. I dreamt of the XS as being a fixture, and with this site here, I was very tempted to tear it apart. But my dreams couldn't be turned to reality. I wish I had the perseverance to tackle it, but the accommodations are lacking. So is my experience, which I hoped to increase. I am not in a big rush for selling these and would prefer both to go to one owner that cares, the XS to an avid fan, and the Bullet as an experience builder.
Thanks.
Tinker Taylor.

Photo 1; the bucket. I removed this from the bike and tried straightening the bent signal posts. The bucket has remained off and it sits as is with the bucket inside. Both bikes will need new batteries. I have the cores inside. The XS ran when I bought it and I only added one tenth of a mile to it, then it was parked. I have all the paperwork for both bikes, titles and expired registrations. Also the paperwork for the tires on the Bullet and a record of mileage for every trip to town I made.

I have detailed photos in the link I provided for anyone with a true interest. Skip all the commentary and get straight to the chase.

Attachments

• Yamaha 9.JPG
    Yamaha 9.JPG
    399.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Bullet Yamaha 7.JPG
    Bullet Yamaha 7.JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Bullet 32.JPG
    Bullet 32.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 31
  • Bullet 23.JPG
    Bullet 23.JPG