For Sale - 1980 XS 650

StampBear

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLEASE REFER TO UPDATED LIST FURTHER IN THIS THREAD>>>

for those who recall me i was work to restore this bike. buti ran into some issues. the largest of which is a bunch of title problems from the last few owners (crazy long story). so i decided to take things in a new direction and buy a bike that is running and road ready. in order to do that this bike needs to go..

am going to part out .

i have no idea how to ship such large items so would rather some one pick up or within a 50 mile radius of North Adams, MA i can deliver with my truck.

here is the list

Mag Tires (Front and Rear) - $100 for the pair
Engine (i moved it with the chain and it was free have not started it up in a year) - complete $400
stock seat - $50
headlight assembly - $50 (primed and ready for paint includes light)
3 stock directional lights/stems - $5 each or all 3 for $10
Front Forks (triple tree included) $100
break parts (caliper/ master cylinder etc) - $50 front and back together
tank (needs cosmetic finishing no cap or pitcock) - $25 (very little rust inside primed and ready to be finished)
front and rear foot pegs (stock) - make offer
fenders (primed and ready for paint) - make offer
battery box make - make offer

i just want these parts out most reasonable offers will be accepted on these items.
I basically have a full bike but no title for the frame so i will keep that for scrap..
Email or txt 413-652- EIGHT 9 ONE 2

this is also listed on Craigslist in Western MA.

NOTE: i am trying to keep engine mounts and bolts with the engine sorry. if that changes i will let people know.

Last edited:
Here in CT. you don't need a title before 1981 or 82, in fact DMV won't issue me a title on my 79. I requested a title so when I retire south I wouldn't have trouble, they said nope.:banghead:

Maybe you could find a CT. buyer we just need a bill of sale.:bike:

i had a guy who wanted it all and said he needed a bunch of documentation (aside form BOS) i tried to find it and was unable to locate...

at this point i have been taking off some of the smaller things and selling them so i am going to finish parting it out.. if you have anyone who wants the rest or various parts let me know..

i may be willing to travel a bit further if the trip is worth it.

i have no idea how to ship to Ohio though you would have to guide me through that.. these are a little big for the post office. LOL

Serious? UPS......stuff in smallest box possible, weigh, calculate cost, add to selling price, print label, drop off at UPS location.

Another alternative, believe it or not for larger packages is Greyhound bus. they do freight depot to depot. Relatively cheap rates for oversize and/or heavy packages.

yeah i am serious !! LOL... i ship world wide all the time just never anything this large. at this moment i will mark them on hold and as soon as i am able i will calculate shipping cost and PM you a total... (likely Saturday if i can not get out of work early on Friday)

these have the tires on them also do you want them? (no extra fee and they look to be in good shape)..

do you have carbs? price shipped? thanks sucks you couldnt get the title

i have the carbs and i will be pulling the motor and carbs off this week end. i can get you better details then.

yeah i was pretty heated about the situation.. i was very close to being done with the project... oh well this way i can buy the bike i really wanted and it runs.. if i get the funds up fast enough.

spent the evening tearing down the bike. ran into a few hard parts to remove but have contacted the people involved... all parts paid for have been shipped and i emailed you the tracking numbers.
here is the new parts list:

Swing arm (rod included) - $50
coil - $10
front breaks (caliper, lines, master cylinder handle) - $50
rear breaks (caliper, lines, master cylinder, push bar, and peddle) - $50
front pegs and bracket - $25
rear pegs - $25
grab bar - $30 (has break light attached)
head light (bucket primed, light, ring etc) - $25
3 stock style directionals - $10 each all 3 ofr $20
center stand - $30
stock seat - $50
front fender - $25
rear fender - $25
clutch lever and perch - $20
clutch cable - $5
throttle cable - $5
2 - throttle sleeves (one stock style grip the other large foam grip with chrome caps) - $15 each
rear axle (nut included) - $25
Air filters (pods) sold as a pair please $25

reserved parts at this time
wheels (tires included)
forks/tripple tree (PM sent)

PM me offers nothing reasonable will be refused.
working out shipping on larger items..
trying to get the engine out mounts claimed

Last edited:
found a UPS store in the next town over and i am going to make the boxes tonight and calculate the rates..... i will be PMing the information to dblwlf later tonight or tomorrow..

we do not have a greyhound close to me so that one is out for now..

DO you still have the black box (cdi) for the ignition ? ( It is mounted to the bottom of the
battery box on my 1980 xs650 & has a 6 pin elec. connecter ) If so, how much do you want for it?

Back