1980 xs custom wiring confusions

PatDoody

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so I am using this diagram as my guide for my wiring. I have a few issues with it jiving up with my factory harness tho. Mainly I have a brown wire coming from my alternator and from my Rec/reg. where does the one from the alt go? And what is that little box with the Green and brown wires going to it near the Reg/rec I can't find anything like it on the bike. I am running stock ignition for now.

xs650_electrical_3.gif

I am sure this is a redundant question but I only have Internet via my
Phone right now so it's hard to sift through a ton of pages of posts to find what I am looking for.

Okay so that isn't anything I need to actually
Wire to anything? They I assume are connected inside there somewhere because they disappear until they come out with the pigtail on the harness

Okay so I hooked everything up I think the same as the diagram shows. Bike fired up first kick. Lights all seem to work as designed. I don't think the alt
Is charging tho. A meter on the battery while Erving
Shows the voltage to drop. I also did a slap test and got nothing. As far as I know the charging system worked fine before the rewire. If I hook a meter to ground and positive the screw on the brushes I get the same voltage the battery has. Is thee anything else I can test to make sure everything is correct?

Back