1980 xs650 throttle

paulwhite

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all, New to the forum. My wife bought me a 1980 xs650g for christmas. What a great wife. But, anyways my question is can I replace my OEM throttle with a dirt bike throttle. I am going to turm this bike into a bobber and add the electronic box uner the seat to hide all the wires and moving the switches to the box to keep the handle bars as clean as possable.

Heh, I use a dual pull cable dirt bike throttle on my XS with mikuni vm 34's, but yes about any throttle will work as long as the bar diameter is what your bars are. I have used standard 7/8 "chopper" throttles with stock cable, no worries.

Thank you for your responce. I was hoping that it would work. This is my first xs650. My other bike is a harley, but I really love the look of the xs bobbers. thaaks again

No problem. My "other" bike has always been a Harley, it's a Roadking right now, but have built a few shovelheads in the past. The XS bug hit me two years ago, but I liked them even in the seventies, because of the simalarities to the bristish twin which I have a fond heart for, but can no longer afford.....

Back