1981 Heritage Special, on a college students budget.

XS-IVE Habit

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was out for a ride on my '75 and ran across a fellow rider out on some Yamaha full dresser. He mentioned he had two XS650's laying around, so I began looking for a partner to buy these two complete (and at one point running) 650's for $500 apiece. Needless to say after one ride on my '75 my buddy Zeb and I had these bikes home. They have their respectable amounts of cleaning ahead for sitting around. But my '81 was sitting outside this Tuesday and it was just warm enough that I decided what the hell, I will swap tanks, batteries, and just see if I could get her to pop. If I could get it to run it would only be once to try to spot any major problems, but as you can see I am happy with my budget buster. The plan is do a proper paint job with the help of my dad to stock configuration with a stock restoration front to rear. Once I graduate this might be my template for a Street Tracker I have been drawing up. Here is the link to the movie.

Nice! I got my '80 w/11K for $800. Came clean titled and perfectly running.
Budget buys are the best :thumbsup: Good luck with the project!

I appreciate it! Nice work on the '80. I took the '75 out for one of it's last runs in Boone until I bring it back in spring after the salt is washed away. But this is will have it a fresh oil change and hopefully routed fuel lines tomorrow. Valve adjustment and timing chain to follow.

Back