1981 XS650 Special 2

1698943118158.png

Do not oil this.

Good morning everyone,

I bought a new Switch Combo - LH - 7/8 inch - Black - XS650 - 1978-1984, Part 24-2058 from Mikes XS and there are more wires on the bike, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the back of the headlight

1981 Yamaha XS650 XS650H Special II (USA)

Has anyone retrofitted a cooling fan on their bike,

I was stuck in a traffic jam a couple of days ago and the motor was so hot and smoke was coming from the fins, when I was out of the jam all was back to normal within half a mile

I was stuck in a traffic jam a couple of days ago and the motor was so hot and smoke was coming from the fins, when I was out of the jam all was back to normal within half a mile
You were unable to split lanes and just go?

Not in my knowledge, but of course it's been done. However... I gave this problem some thought when I did lots of stop n go in LA on a flathead.. . How does heat leave the heat engine in example XS650 bike? Yes, of course, by transfer to the drafted air augmented by fins. But also by radiation from the entire mass. The drafted air also cools you. The engine may or not have been especially hot. Your perception may be distorted by this. Actual temperature measurement might be a good idea. Harbor freight and so forth offer IR temperature gadgets. Note emissivity errors if you use one. Best! 40N

Have you retorqued the head studs and chased the various oil leaks that happen on old Xs's? Think you were just seeing motor oil getting burned off the exhaust port/pipe area.

Back