For Sale - 1981 XS650 Special II Chopper Bird Hardtail

JGore99

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am considering selling my project. It is a 1981 Yamaha XS650 Special II. Was running great (was riding it before chop)! Chopped it and put a David Bird looped hardtail on. Has TONS of parts that come with it. I.E. Cole Foster Tank, Unity Spotlight, 21" Front powder coated black with new SS spokes and Avon Speedmaster tire, 16" rear powder coated black with new SS spokes and a Firestone Champion Deluxe 5.00-16, Biltwell Keystone bars with grips and throttle, '28 Ford Tail light(new) with tag bracket, Gold link chain, Seat pan with foam, brass seat springs, lowbrow fender strut kit, 7MetalWest ribbed and ducktailed fender on the way, new wheel bearings, tapered neck bearings, much more I just can't remember. It is almost complete. Just need a few little things and paint. I will probably keep working on it a little here and there while it is for sale. I don't have to sell it, but there are a few other things I want right now... I'm just seeing if anyone is interested. The bike has no title but was registered and insured in the state of GA. I am asking $2700 obo and have ALOT more than that in the bike and all the parts! I rather not part it out unless there are different people that want most of the parts... I probably rather finish it before I part it out...
Pic as it sits:

2012-05-07_17-30-59_178.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.
Jonathan

You should finish it, it's pretty sweet looking, awesome lines and I love that tank, it's F'ing AWESOME!
If I had the cash I would buy it immediately, finish it and ride it!

That's one hell of a ride. The tank with the tail end of the bike couldn't flow any better. That and the big back tire, if I had the cash I'd be all over it too!

yeah I planned for all the lines to go like that with the rib on the headlight, tank, and fender. It is looking better than I thought though, which is always good. If it doesn't sell soon I will finish it. I actually worked on it a bit yesterday and probably will work on it some more tonight.

dang man! That's the bike I'd really like to have but the drz is more in my price range at this time... So many toys and so little money... haha but what's new?

Bttt price drop to $2450. Im going away to Florida for school and would like to have some extra money. Just don't have time to finish it before I go to Florida.

No plans of parting it out. If someone want to buy it, take what they want, and part it out then have at it. At this point I am only selling as a whole or ill let it sit in the garage

I say finish it and get back on and ride it that's what u were building it for nOt for selling it! But I would be interested in parts if it goes to a part out.

youll kick yourself if your self if you sell it.. finish it and bring it to florida! looks fricking sweet

Awesome, Keep us updated, Bike looks awesome, looking forward to seeing the finished Bike.
I'm trying to get my hands on one of those tanks too and fender they look great.
Rock On!

I'm glad to hear you are going to keep it. I'm pretty much sick of the xs650 hardtail thing... But I really like the lines of your bike

Back