For Sale - 1981 XS650 Special II (H)

birdog4549

81 XS-H Special II
Reaction score
For Sale is my 1981 XS. I don't know for sure the mileage but guessing around 20,000. I went through the carbs a few years ago and replaced the diaphragms with the JBM replacements with no issues. Replaced the rear shocks with 3M's 1 1/2" shorter ones to lower the bike a bit. Not gone through the front shocks and they are a little "soft" but I am riding it. Tires are good. New "Bonnie" bars and "cocktail mufflers". I just did the mufflers this year and have stock intake with stock carb setup. the carbs may need jetting but it runs good as is and I just took it out for a ride. 3M's "easy pull" clutch cable. I have the stock bars and some spare parts to go with but nothing fancy. System is charging as is with stock parts.

I am retired and 67. I just want to ride my V-Star 1100 and Vino grocery getter. I can help deliver in southern Wisconsin if that helps. MAKE ME AN OFFER that is not an insult please miketraining@twc.com for offers!

Attachments

• SELL XS 008.jpg
    SELL XS 008.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 345
  • SELL XS 011.jpg
    SELL XS 011.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 332
  • SELL XS 010.jpg
    SELL XS 010.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 301
  • SELL XS 006.jpg
    SELL XS 006.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 326
  • SELL XS 005.jpg
    SELL XS 005.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 288
  • SELL XS 004.jpg
    SELL XS 004.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
I am not sure, with the other bikes that are for sale and the prices I see, why nobody replied with any interest. Can someone give me some advice here! I will try Ebay and see where that goes buti don't want to do CL. Thanks

What's up Birdog!

HATE to bother you in the middle of the sale BUT... Can you tell me anymore about these "Bonnie" bars? Brand, model, where you got them, do you LIKE them?

Thanks,
Dane

Guess I haven't checked in and didn't see any emails regarding responses. Bike is still for sale. I will quit asking for my price and you all can just make rational offers. I just had it out for a ride! Starts right up and sounds good. I will say the charging is "weak" and I throw it on the charger from time to time but see it for yourself! MAKE ME AN OFFER!
What's up Birdog!

HATE to bother you in the middle of the sale BUT... Can you tell me anymore about these "Bonnie" bars? Brand, model, where you got them, do you LIKE them?

Thanks,
Dane
i do believe it was on EBay. I put Hugh's solid risers and the new bars on and the bars run pretty smooth at highway speeds. They just called them Bonnie Bars. I hated the buckhorn bars

Back