For Sale - 1981 XS650 Special parts, a lot!

KentMoney

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Howdy ya'll. I'm gettin' far into my chopper/bobber/custom/whatever project and I have quite a few viable stocker parts for sale or trade. Everything you will see in the pictures below will be for sale. These were taken off a great running 1981 Yamaha XS650 Special, so all parts are in good working order unless otherwise indicated below. There are a lot of pictures so let them load.

Located in San Jose, CA but I am willing to ship out. Let me know if you would like better pictures of the items.

4 x amber turn signals, all working properly. one needs some cleaning -$20
1 x brake/tail light. both lights work great. Mounts to grab rail which is also for sale -$20
1x rear grab rail. This rail is situated right behind and below the seat - $15
1 x seat. the seat is in pretty good condition with one minor tear. all of the mounting hardware and the locking mechanism underneath are in good condition - $60
2 x airbox for carburetors -$30
2 x rear view mirrors, mount to brake levers -$25
1 x speedometer/techometer/light indicators, the speedometer needs some work as the face came unmounted. but it should work fine after that. the tach is working great -$50
1 x ignition switch, mounts in front of the handlebars in stock configuration - $10
1 x horn -$20
1 x chaingaurd. needs some cleaning but has all mounting bolts - $OLD
2 x side covers. In very good condition, all mounting tabs present -$OLD
1 x headlight. this thing is BIG, as you know. had a lot of electronics stored in it, bulb still works -$OLD
1 x buckhorn(?) handlebars. These may not be stock, but I think they are. In great condition, not cut -$OLD
1 x stock maroon gas tank, with emblems (one is cracked), vacuum petcock, and lock with two keys! No rust, in great shape ready to go. - $OLD
1 x stock black gas tank, with emblems (i think one is cracked), lock with one key, but there is a lot of rust and it will need a major overhaul. Also comes with rusty petcock - $OLD
2 x pod filters if you decide to open up your intake - $OLD
2 x rear shocks, in good condition with a little rust, nothing a wirewheel cant take off -$OLD

now some of the really good stuff

1 x regulator/rectifier combo unit
1 x generator with TCI pickup coils. includes the stator, rotor, tci pickup coils, and the external ignition module. brushes are brand new and the TCI is working great. all original quick-connections are intact. also includes lead to neutral switch
1 x ignition coils with high tension leads. the coils are working great
I would like to sell all the above electronics together -$300

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Last edited:
if you can remind me about how I would go about testing the rotor with a voltmeter I would be happy to. I would consider selling it on its own for $110 shipped in the CONUS.

Let me know.

I will have to check the part number when I get home, but what exactly do you mean by TCI? You want the module and the pick up coil?

Two of the turn signals have a strange piece near where the wires come out. What is that? I'm looking for some shorter than stock signals for my rears.

Back