For Sale - 1981 XS650 Special

hooktool

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
A friend had this, he got it from the old guy that was the original owner. I couldn't pass this up late last summer, but the wife doesn't want to ride it-prefers the ZRX and this has just sat in the bike barn since fall. I have several other xs650 projects, just brought home 3 more RZ350's and working on the H2. This is too nice for me to cut up, but its not rare, so feel free if you buy it. smile.gif

I put in fresh plugs and plug caps, and a fresh tank of gas and took it for a nice ride today. It needs nothing at all, runs like a top, the motor is really quiet, and tuned well. It's not beat to shit like many are, and the wiring is not screwed up and half melted. Its not a show bike, there are nicks and dings, but its not rusty, the pipes look nice-no dents, though there is some roughness in the inner curve of the headers, but you can't see it. Carbs etc are near spotless, motor is tight and clean. Speedo and tach work fine, the faces are not perfect, but I would throw in another set if you want perfect faces. Starter works perfectly and doesn't grind.

Wheels are bright and clean. The tires are Dunlop 404's with a good summer left on them. Brakes work great. I took off the buckhorn bars, and put on some solid aluminum bars I had when I brought it home, and I can't find the buckhorns now. Probably threw them out. smile.gif

I took it for a long ride this afternoon, and about had second thoughts about selling it-its fun to ride. This is ready to ride, or a perfect bike to tear down and chop, cafe, make a streettracker etc, knowing that everything works well. 20K miles

$1500 firm-I could get more on eBay, but then I would have to deal with eBay. :DA I MIGHT be interested in some kind of trade, but probably not. You'll have to come get it in Nashville.

Let me know if you have any questions Thanks for looking. :)

John

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

Last edited:
Thats one fine lookin' bike there. Too far away for me.

Still here-got a couple of people want to look at it, but who knows. PM or call me. Six-one-five 397-five-seven-eight-three. G

John

Back