For Sale - 1981 Yamaha XS 650 Special II - 4,500 miles!

Stag

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Reading for a while, first time poster. Refer to eBay feedback for 100% positive feedback: http://myworld.ebay.com/dwyer7

1981 Yamaha XS 650 Special II, overall in great condition. Just under 4,600 miles, which is crazy-low for a bike of this age. Runs great, starts up no problem; it's been used nearly every day for the past year.

This bike has been great for me, and I was planning on running the wheels off of it. Unfortunately, a lady pulled out in front of me a few weeks ago and the quote I received from a local dealership was too high. Long story short, I disagreed w/ her insurance on what the bike was worth if they totaled it, so I decided to just keep the bike and sell it as is. Clear title, and tons of additional pictures found here: https://plus.google.com/photos/112202398427697893080/albums/5733528497109328081 -- should be able to see all the damage in those pics, but I'll give a quick run-down of the physical condition.

The wreck impacted only the front end of the bike. Front wheel got bent, as did the front brake lever (rt. side). Not sure if it's forks, triple tree or what, but as you can see in the pictures, the handlebars are not perpendicular to the front wheel like they should be. Front fender has small scrapes. Tank has dent on top (from first/previous owner), and two dents (one large, over the "Yamaha" title, and one small, closer to the seat) on the right side. Rear blinker (rt. side) has minor scuff on top. Exhaust has discoloring and some material that adhered to the pipes while they were still hot...should buff out.

Bike is, to the best of my knowledge, stock...with the exception of lowered handlebars and grips.

Asking $1,200...but feel free to make me an offer via email, or you can text or call me at 316.247.2177, but please look through the pictures first, especially if your question is in regards to the damaged parts-- I tried to get as many photographs as possible to show imperfections.

Thanks for looking; have a great day!

Attachments

• 650.jpg
    650.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 6,862
Reading for a while, first time poster. Refer to eBay feedback for 100% positive feedback: http://myworld.ebay.com/dwyer7

1981 Yamaha XS 650 Special II, overall in great condition. Just under 4,600 miles, which is crazy-low for a bike of this age. Runs great, starts up no problem; it's been used nearly every day for the past year.

This bike has been great for me, and I was planning on running the wheels off of it. Unfortunately, a lady pulled out in front of me a few weeks ago and the quote I received from a local dealership was too high. Long story short, I disagreed w/ her insurance on what the bike was worth if they totaled it, so I decided to just keep the bike and sell it as is. Clear title, and tons of additional pictures found here: https://plus.google.com/photos/112202398427697893080/albums/5733528497109328081 -- should be able to see all the damage in those pics, but I'll give a quick run-down of the physical condition.

The wreck impacted only the front end of the bike. Front wheel got bent, as did the front brake lever (rt. side). Not sure if it's forks, triple tree or what, but as you can see in the pictures, the handlebars are not perpendicular to the front wheel like they should be. Front fender has small scrapes. Tank has dent on top (from first/previous owner), and two dents (one large, over the "Yamaha" title, and one small, closer to the seat) on the right side. Rear blinker (rt. side) has minor scuff on top. Exhaust has discoloring and some material that adhered to the pipes while they were still hot...should buff out.

Bike is, to the best of my knowledge, stock...with the exception of lowered handlebars and grips.

Asking $1,200...but feel free to make me an offer via email, or you can text or call me at 316.247.2177, but please look through the pictures first, especially if your question is in regards to the damaged parts-- I tried to get as many photographs as possible to show imperfections.

Thanks for looking; have a great day!

Does it still run properly?

Back