1982 heritage special 2 first build

eagletoot

eagletoot
Reaction score
I live in Brooklyn,NY this is my first bike and first build, its 1982 xs650 heritage special 2. I've been getting a lot of inspiration from custom triumph builds out of japan and im building my personal version from those bikes, but with a xs650. I do metal fabrication and welding for a living so i have the skill set to build the bike aesthetically and also have some what of a foundation to learn the mechanics of the bike also. Ive been very busy with work and im in a bit of a time crunch to get the bike built and out of the shop. i want to learn the in and outs of my bike, i definitely need some help pointing me in the right direction when it comes to dealing with finishing the bike. Im purchasing a new wiring harness but not sure what i need and whats offered out there. I'm familiar with mikesxs, but would like to know of other options out there that could work better for me.

i want to run a electric start, pamco, alternator, battery, head light, tail light, and speedometer/odometer.

thanks,
jeff

Welcome, many would suggest wiring it yourself since you're running fairly bare bones. The tech section has a great thread with wiring diagrams. Member scallywag is offering a great diy wiring kit in the classifieds. Good luck.

See Jeff. Its a lot easier to keep all the questions, updates, and info related specifically to your bike here.

Back