For Sale - 1983 SX650SK Heritage Special for sale in Winnipeg $500

Phrog

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
1983 SX650SK for sale in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Asking $500.
This bike has not been started in 5 years and has sat for 15 years unused. Looking to sell to someone who is looking for a project and can give it some life again.
I have full title and it would be an "as is" sale.
I would not be able to deliver it so buyer would have to pick it up.

Attachments

• 20230711_150304.jpg
    20230711_150304.jpg
    643.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 20230711_151313.jpg
    20230711_151313.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20230711_150315.jpg
    20230711_150315.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 92
Underpriced a factor 3 x at least if it is US $
That may be the case but it was a great bike for me for many years and I would like to see it go to someone who would care for it. The bike has sat for many years and requires a lot of work which I just can't give it. That said if someone wants to give me more for it I wouldn't complain. :)

Fantastic deal for someone handy that doesn't mind resurrecting these old bikes and giving them a second chance at living.

I really enjoy bringing them back. 🥰

Asking $500.
This bike has not been started in 5 years and has sat for 15 years unused. Looking to sell to someone who is looking for a project and can give it some life again.
Too far for me , but PLEASE, someone here save this bike. This is one Special that deserves preserving.

The exhausts is probably worth close to the $500
Unless something is there not visible I dont think it is such a big deal getting it to a shop for a winter job.
If you dont want take the carbs off yourself
The shop have the trailer .
I believe you have winters in Canada Hockey an whatnot..
When the shops have their staff at home watching the Hockey.
Given the opportunity doing the carb service at downtime in the shop . Can give you a low price.
Can be an option. For thinking out loud.
' '

Speaking from personal experience, these bikes can sit for very long times unattended and will start right up with as little carb cleaning. My 79 sf sat in a tack room of a horse barn for 5 years covered with a thick layer of dust that the animals stirred up coming in and out. I decided one day to pull it out and start it. After hosing it off, charging the battery and adding a little gas, she fired up and off I rode. I had only one issue. The rear brake caliper was gummed up from dust and extended rest. There were at least three periods of extended inactivity over 40+ years. In 98 after being parked long enough for the carbs to completely freeze up (this time about 8 years). I went to the yamaha shop and bought some of there carb cleaning solution , recommended by the mechanic at the harley shop nextdoor, he said his shop used the yamaha product. I pulled the carbs and followed the procedure listed and again had it running. This time I took it to the harley mech, at his home, and he pulled the engine and did a complete workover of all seals and gaskets. It had dried out over the years and leaked every where. At 18k miles, he said it looked fine internally. Since that time it has again been parked for one more long period after the alternator failed, from 05 to 2018, but I had tank and carbs off this entire time. When I put in a xscharge pma and pamco EI it came to life without any problem. but the xscharge only lasted for 375 miles. I bought a used Kaw alternator and with the xscharge magnet got it back on the road. Been running ever since. I never even considered that it wouldn't start right up. The engine never failed, only peripheral equipment. I don't ride it much now but I do have a beer with it regularly and listen to it sing out there in the shop. The battery is an agm that is a bit past 5 years old but still seems to be holding up nicely. (short story long)

Asking $500.
Way too low. that bike looks great.

Speaking from personal experience, these bikes can sit for very long times unattended and will start right up with as little carb cleaning. My 79 sf sat in a tack room of a horse barn for 5 years covered with a thick layer of dust that the animals stirred up coming in and out. I decided one day to pull it out and start it. After hosing it off, charging the battery and adding a little gas, she fired up and off I rode. I had only one issue. The rear brake caliper was gummed up from dust and extended rest. There were at least three periods of extended inactivity over 40+ years. In 98 after being parked long enough for the carbs to completely freeze up (this time about 8 years). I went to the yamaha shop and bought some of there carb cleaning solution , recommended by the mechanic at the harley shop nextdoor, he said his shop used the yamaha product. I pulled the carbs and followed the procedure listed and again had it running. This time I took it to the harley mech, at his home, and he pulled the engine and did a complete workover of all seals and gaskets. It had dried out over the years and leaked every where. At 18k miles, he said it looked fine internally. Since that time it has again been parked for one more long period after the alternator failed, from 05 to 2018, but I had tank and carbs off this entire time. When I put in a xscharge pma and pamco EI it came to life without any problem. but the xscharge only lasted for 375 miles. I bought a used Kaw alternator and with the xscharge magnet got it back on the road. Been running ever since. I never even considered that it wouldn't start right up. The engine never failed, only peripheral equipment. I don't ride it much now but I do have a beer with it regularly and listen to it sing out there in the shop. The battery is an agm that is a bit past 5 years old but still seems to be holding up nicely. (short story long)
I completely believe that. Aboutb5 years ago I decided to put some gas in and give it a crank. It took a couple of tries and a few minor adjustments but it came back. A friend of mine was with me and couldn't believe that it started. It was dripping gas but a good carb work-up would have probably fixed that. At the time I had full intention of giving myself a nice little winter project but sometimes life has a way of getting in the way of such things. After sitting yet again I decided that I was realistically not going to do this so here I am, trying to give it a good home.