1983 XS650 Heritage Special

Your bike is a 1983 XS650SK? If it has a petcock on each side of the tank, someone has replaced the tank. The SK has a single petcock on the left side. That's all you need.
Yep, two petcocks on a replaced tank of course. Would like to know why the tank was replaced but the PO didn't know that info as well as a bunch of other things. Apparently the majority of the things that I'm finding or knew and asked about either happened before he bought it or he's lying about it. Didn't pay that much for it so I'm not too worried about the things that are replaced. It seems to be fine engine-wise and most everything looks good, just replaced with new parts or others.

One way to utilize both petcocks is to plumb them into an "upper" T that feeds the lower T, with the gas filter installed between the two T's. If the petcocks are vacuum-operated in the "On" and "Reserve" lever positions, also T the vacuum line.

I just caught this thread.....man thats a clean scoot. Noticed the speedo right away....nice. Good luck with her and keep the shiny bits up, Kev.

Over 6 year thread I know, but thank you for all the photos. They will be a reference for my rebuild. SAM_7224.JPG

Back