1st build question about stretch and a king/queen seat

taymana337

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Currently about to do my first xs650 hardtail build. I want to be able to ride with my GF on the back with a king/queen seat. I was wondering how much stretch do I need in the frame to accomplish this? Do I even need to stretch the frame?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Maybe others more knowledgeable about hardtails will chime in, but I believe most if not all hardtail kits you buy are already stretched longer that the factory frame. Maybe contact whoever you plan on buying from?

Thanks Jim. Ya I see various lengths of stretch for the hardtails. Trying to really dial this in before I commit to buying a weld on hardtail. But most importantly, I am not a big guy haha. Well 5'8" @ 145lbs. I like the look of the xs650 hard tails that are not as stretched so to say.
The white bike here has a 2" stretch and 3" drop. Im wondering if 2" stretch is enough to fit a king/queen seat and ride with somebody on the back and not be squeezed like deli meat in a sandwich hahaha.
But yes, good idea to contact manufactures of the hard tails and ask!
upload_2020-12-1_20-15-19.png

I have never ridden any hardtail bike, except for my mid-50s Tempo Villiers 125. Pretty much like a Harley Hummer or BSA Bantam, I guess.
Anyway, one would think that a longer wheelbase would improve the comfort somewhat. A larger distance between the rear wheel and the riders butt, will reduce the shocks transmitted to the rider. Just a simple geometric fact. Passenger comfort will be poor in any case.

Back