2 person Seat Options?

L_Kilkenny

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at seat options for the upcoming tracker build and have a couple thoughts. I see many nice seats for the solo rider but I'm gonna need to have the capability to haul 2 people on this bike. Not often and none of the passengers will be very big but I'll need to haul 2 never the less.

Has anyone taken a seat and plastic seat pan from an older dirt bike or dual sport and used them in a build? Looking at older IT, PE, YZ, XL/XR and XT seats. Something without a strap and without a step up in the rear. How is width, length, etc gonna be? Does anyone have some dimensions for a off road seat from that era?

Think I could take one of these and mate it up to a semi-custom rear fender. Should look better than a stock XS seat and weigh substantially less. What say you?

LK

BTW, welding some brackets and mounting hardware via a welder is not a problem.

Last edited:
Two-up how far and for how long? You can build a bitchin seat that will make you walk funny for the rest of your life. A tracker ain't built for a lot of comfort.

If it was me, I'd resolve the bike's primary function and let form follow that function. I've got a plush dual touring saddle for sale but it won't look right on a tracker. My bobber's seat is minimalist but comfy for up to about a 2 hr ride (solo).

Closed cell foam with a lighter foam and/or fiberfill batt topping can help give a slender appearance with some comfort. Don't make your saddle too narrow or too thin. Have you read this?
http://www.chopperhandbook.com/neatstuff/seat-making-1.htm

Sargent will take your seat pan and shape new foam and cover in any configuraton you want for around $300.00. This was a standard two up seat I had converted to a solo. Just give them a template made from cardboard as the profile you want and voila.

IMG_1446.jpg

I like that seat. Looks well made and fairly comfortable. But I'm on budget build and the $300 is gonna be tough. So much of a budget build I haven't even told the wife I'm doing it yet. Might not till it's well on it's way as a matter of fact! :D

LK

Back