200$ find and resto build...

YooperXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
picked this 78 up at a garage sale. sat 20 years got her runnin again but crashed. rebuilding her on days off in a 10 by 10 storage shed. parted her out to put in my civic and unfortunately threw out some important stuff.

672489706_2404632011_0.jpg

this my other two rides. wink wink
164-1.jpg

haha. yeah

we got the engine running before the crash. sat for 20 years as I said

it seems pretty easy to kick over compared to my other Xs'. a bit of white smoke out the right side. this is going to be a field bomber and local driver. any tricks to gettin the carbon deposits removed? pull the head and lap?

one other thing. we had to "jump" it to get it started but it'd run ok after that. any ideas on why it wouldn't just start. its obviously getting some juice from the alternator yeah?

any tips on simplifying the wiring? want to go bare bones if possible. just throttle and levers on the bars. friggin nest egg of wires in the headlight

You can get a simplified wiring harness from TCBros for 70 dollars I think. If you find that price too expensive many on this forum believe it is easy to make your own bare bones harness.

I personally got the pre-made harness from TC Bros and I have been very happy. It includes charging and ignition. Nothing else. You have to wire signals, horn, headlight, etc. yourself.

Best,
Adam

well in an interesting turn of events I got a "new" 78 standard for 700 bucks that workin so my buddy is gonna turn the project bike into a brat tracker style build. pretty much just take over where I left off.

any tips for getting those stupid plastic connectors to go back together?

Hey how goes there sir?

I'll be back in town in 10 days or so... can't wait to pick up my project from ya...

enjoy the yoop for me will ya?

its comin along nicely. this thing looks alot better in person. low and mean. cb360 bars and seat.

so far 300$ into it.

cd9aad80040011e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Back