Wanted - 21" front wheel

TwistedThrottle

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 21" front wheel ready to bolt up to my '79 special 2. I'm not really looking for a harley wheel that would require further modification to make work. I've done that in the past with other builds and while it's not difficult to do I just don't have a whole lot of spare time or money for that matter. I'm just running a single right side disc brake. If you have a spoked wheel that'll work let me know. I would even be interested in a hoop and spokes if they'll work with my current hub. Thanks for looking and for your time.
~TT

!!!Update!!!: no longer looking for any of the above mentioned parts. Thanks figure8 and Dirty Dog!

Last edited:
If you have a hub then you'd be better off to just buy the spokes from Mikes for i think $79, and a 36 hole 21" rim off eBay for $60 or so. All the 21" runs I see for sale on here are the 64 spoke heritage style and run about $250.

Oh nice, yes i do have the stock wheel/hub. I didn't realize that Mikes sold a spoke kit to convert over to a 21". I was afraid I'd have to go through Buchanan's. They make great stuff but man it gets expensive fast! I'll definitely go check that out. Thank you figure8.

No problem, some of Mikes stuff can be hit or miss but I find there spokes to be decent quality. I think in the end I built mine for around $180 total, not to to bad.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460307697.289013.jpg

So I decided to go the route that Figure8 recommended. I just purchased a set of spokes from Mikes. I'm still in the market for a 21", 36 spoke, aluminum rim if anyone has one lying around. Thanks

Im actually searching around on eBay now. Thanks for the heads up about the single-sided hub rims. What width 21" rims are most people running? Stock? I plan on running an Avon Speedmaster but I haven't really looked into the sizes they offer yet.

I figure I'll give it a day or two to see if anyone here has a 21×1.85 (recommended width), 36 spoke aluminum rim before I go the eBay route seeing as I haven't found a reasonably priced one there yet. Someone here has to have one lying around in their garage that isn't being used.

So I decided to go the route that Figure8 recommended. I just purchased a set of spokes from Mikes. I'm still in the market for a 21", 36 spoke, aluminum rim if anyone has one lying around. Thanks

did you find a hoop yet I have one if needed,
it'll need striped or painted/powder coated

Attachments

• fender ribed 007.jpg
    fender ribed 007.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 145
  • fender ribed 008.jpg
    fender ribed 008.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Back