21" Rear Wheel Swap Questions

Mtrhed

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi everone,
I'm considering a new build using 21" wheels both F&R. My first thought would be to have new rims laced to the stock hubs but I've noticed that you can buy generic 21" HD style wheels rather cheap on eBay. I realize there would be issues with spacing, axle size, and caliper mounts to deal with but I remember seeing someone makes a custom sproket that is drilled to bolt up in place of the front rotor so one of these wheels could be used in the back. Anybody have any idea who makes these sprockets? Has anybody gone this route before me? Thanks for any info or guidence you might have on this subject.

Omar's makes the front to back conversion kit for xs hubs. You may already know that. As for the Harley wheels not sure who makes one. Honestly though 21" 36 spoke rims aren't that exspensive off eBay, though xs hubs can be harder to find. Curious to see who makes these sprockets you're talking about. Here's Omar's website if your interested.
http://www.omarsfiberglass.com/#!more-products/c1cwc

Thanks the response guys,
Rebel Gears was the site I was thinking of. I'm still considering this route but it sounds like I'll need to bite the bullet and buy a wheel to mock up before proceeding. Thanks again.

Back