For Sale - 256 Engine BIG BORE KIT! 750CC Kit! XS1/Early XS650

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Ok gang, I have come across a very rare gem! I cam across an engine that was built as a Hill Climber, and tore it down to see what was going on inside. Sure enough, this thing was pumping some nice 80MM Pistons up and down! There are 2 Broken fins on the outside of the cylinders, but the pistons, rings and cylinder liners are very nice!

This is for EARLY XS650/XS1's only, with 22mm Wrist Pins. I will include the pistons, rings, cylinders and used tensioner/cam guide. I'll be cleaning the pistons up in the next few days and will send out the cylinders with a fresh Re-Hone. You may never find another one of these kits out there!

$400 Shipped in the US.

Will trade for Cool Stuff, Titled Frames, personal defense in the form a .45 ACP , etc...:laugh:

EDIT: I just cleaned these up, and they are NICE. These are STOCK Yamaha 750CC Pistons, from either a dealer install or a factory option. They are stamped "Yamaha Made In Japan" inside of the piston skirts. I got a few pics right before my camera died. There are some very light scuffs inside the bores, but nothing I would think twice about if I were building the engine. Rings and pistons are in super nice shape as well. You can see the broken fins in the first 2 pics.

100_6167.jpg

100_6168.jpg

100_6169.jpg

Last edited:
Oh crap, I wish you were in the UK , I have an XS1 motor crying out for that kit!

Last edited:
damn why does this stuff always pop up when im broke? I have a frame I could title but it takes a couple of weeks to do it. Mind waiting?

Me too.Ive been doing my sums all weekend, just cant afford it at the moment. Might have to sell the Intruder to get the XS's back on the road !

Just cleaned these up. They are NICE! Sorry folks, but I'm not giving these away now that I have cleaned them up. Still willing to trade though. :thumbsup:

Back