277 rephase!!

Robbo

Robbo
Reaction score
I bought this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ150656328447QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT ) recently and was thinking of having it 277 rephased or because its so rare perhaps I should keep it in case I ever want to do a complete restore as Im sure there are not too many Nos 447 xs650 cranks around these days?
I have a used 447 crank from my current motor that I have bought 2 new bearings for so far the main big bearing and one of the smaller crank bearings just need to find 2 more smaller ones to have a functioning as good as new crank when fitted with the new bearings and the new rods I have...
What do you guys think? should I keep the Nos crank for the future or use it in the rephase and just not weld the pins??

Welding the pins is only needed if you are a rev head. One of our members here has done a lot of K's on a 277 rephased 750, didn't weld the crank and hasn't had any probs. Do you know if the crank has ever been assembled

If that crank has never been assembled, and you can build it up as a rephased crank, you'll not "need" to weld the pins so long as you don't rev to the moon....

Nice score!

Yayyy package just arrived!! The crank appears brand new except for shelf life signs and hardly any of those.. All looks great now to just get the cam rephased and a pamco 277 rephase ignition and assemble this ol girl :)

Back