Sold / Found / Inactive - 35mm Fork Brace for 1982 Heritage Special

Boog

Traveling Stroyteller
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have several folks telling me the benefits of a fork brace on Buzzy. I am sold, now who has one for sell?

I see several websites, some from Europe, China, but none from Yamaha so far.
These two are from China:
Front Fork Stabilizer Brace For Yamaha XS650 Special 1980-1983 SR500SP 1979-84 | eBay
Front Fork Stabilizer Brace For Yamaha XZ550D 1983 XZ550 1982 XS650 1980-1983 | eBay
My concerns here is the slow supply chain right now on everything from Asia. I would rather fit something sooner even though thee have less cost.

This one is from Fast in the UK: Yamaha XS650 Fork Brace (fastec-racing.co.uk)

This one from Atlanta, GA: Tarozzi Fork Braces (fastfromthepast.com)

Does anyone here have a flat type like these for sale? I would rather not go with the hoop variety.

While I don't have one yet, I decided I will be going with the one from Omar's. Relatively pricey, but it looks fantastic

The Tarozzi is cast. I think the Fastec is cut from billet, as well as the one from Omar’s. Each will get the job done.

That one clamps onto the rubber on the lowers. The others firmly grip the sliders and the rubber bit goes on the brace. I wouldn’t go for the Motolanna brace myself.
Thank you much for that sage advice brother. I will strike it from the list.

I have now ordered the Tarozzi from Fast from the Past. It should be here in a few days. Thanks for the advise folks. I'll post up on Buzzy's thread when it comes in and I get it installed.

Have you had a good look at the front guard off of a 77-83. These guards have double reinforced bracing under the guard across the guard mounts. The guard is a very good brace on its own. Unless your an real aggressive rider i don't think you will notice much difference. Think the real difference, may be in a heavy braking situation due to the fact the US/Canadian Models only have one front disk brake that can cause the forks to twist on heavy braking.

The earlier 70-76 front guards with the stays on them don't have as much of a brace

Especially important to do an accurate fork tube straightness check before adding a brace.

Have you had a good look at the front guard off of a 77-83. These guards have double reinforced bracing under the guard across the guard mounts. The guard is a very good brace on its own. Unless your an real aggressive rider i don't think you will notice much difference. Think the real difference, may be in a heavy braking situation due to the fact the US/Canadian Models only have one front disk brake that can cause the forks to twist on heavy braking.

The earlier 70-76 front guards with the stays on them don't have as much of a brace
I have not looked at it yet. I do indeed have a lot of dive under braking. When I change the fluid soon, i do hope that it helps. I am not ready to modify the tubes just yet but am looking to do that too at some point.

Especially important to do an accurate fork tube straightness check before adding a brace.

The more I learn about the bike, the more ignorant I feel. This is now added to the list of things to do soon. Is there a link to the correct procedure? I do not find that listed in my Clymer manual.

Someone I know made a youtube of a simple way.
Thank you Gary. I suspect the bike has been dropped at least in the past with the dissimilar left front indicator stock. It stands to reason I may have a bent fork or two as well. A quick visual did not raise any concern but now I can do this and be sure.

Back