$400 find? hells effing yeah ill build a money pit!

im grabbing my keys and heading back to the store to buy some cheap plugs to give that a try. whats the best way to try and get that thing clear other than compressed air? is there anything that I can put down the enricher to get it clear or should i just try again with the compressed air?

Holly effing vrooooooooooooooooom!!!! got is going XSLEO thank you. sprayed out the enricher and used a bit of ether and it started right up. FIRST TIME IT'S RAN since i owned it and first time its ran in almost 2 years. valves are noisy and need to be adjusted but vroooooom. going down to the DMV tomorrow to take this puppy off of non op.

Ok i know im new to this site but i thought i would find help among you guys, ok I just bought a xs650. It also has good compression but it wont start could anyone help me out on this please

Ok i know im new to this site but i thought i would find help among you guys, ok I just bought a xs650. It also has good compression but it wont start could anyone help me out on this please

Like little bill sez we are here to help after you have made the effort to read the guides like this one: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367 If you get it narrowed down to carbs start with this; http://www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf At least one of the members here helped WRITE that guide.
Then if you are still stumped; ask any questions you would like. To speed things up what year is your bike. what is still stock, what has been changed? There are some very sharp (and helpful) guys here but not one of them is a psychic even if it might seem that way sometimes. A picture or description of the carbs so we know if it's original to the bike or a replacement set. Welcome aboard and prepare to get your hands dirty.

Thanks guys, its a 79 and its all stock and i will post a pic as soon as i can and ill post sum pics of my 400 i just did if u guys done mine......glad 2 be here, look forward to hearing any helpful news

Back