50 deg my....

hogtyed

Paul
Reaction score
I was outside during work today and the sun was partially out. Phone said fifty and of course I got the itch. Since it's been a steady 20F lately, I knew I had to get the scoot out when I got home. I fired up the bike and got it nice and warmed up. Gloves? They were in the Harley saddle bags out in the shed....who needs them!? After a nice, brisk twenty minute ride it was time to head home. I'm hoping that I will feel my fingers by supper time. They're a nice cherry red right now. Yep, it was worth it. Gas is drained from the carbs once again, that is until the next warmish day that comes along.

Hi Paul,
glad that you got in that last ride before the weather clamped down. But HTF can you bring yourself to ride without gloves?
Never mind the weather, I just don't feel safe riding bare-handed. Odd, since the only reason I wear a helmet is because I'll get a ticket if I don't.
Must be some psychological thing, eh?

I rarely wear gloves, unless it's cold, except today. Even at work where it's mandated I avoid it. As evident today when I cut myself lifting some 3x3 tubing and caught a burr.

The ride was short, but nice. Good for the soul. Since I purchased my XS in September, I've caught the riding bug again. I only rode the Harley a couple times each of the past couple years. With the oldest child graduating this year, I plan on getting out a lot more often. I was looking at a possibility of riding up to the Calgary stampede if I can convince some buddies to join. It seems like it would be a great summer ride from the Seattle area up through Kamloops, B.C. and dropping down to Glacier National Park on the way back. If not the Stampede just go for a beautiful ride.

Back