50 year anniversary

prue1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
50 years ago today, my friend and I began a adventure of a lifetime. At the age of 18, we began our trip across North America. Me riding my new 1971 XS1 and my buddy on his 68 sportster. We travelled from Union Lake MI, north on I-75, west on the Trans Canadian Hwy, South on the Pacific Coast Hwy, East on Route 66, finishing back home in Union Lake. We were gone for 8 weeks and travelled about 8000 miles. I left with $300 in my pocket, came home with about $20! It was a great experience and a lot of fun, we grew up on that trip. The Yammy ran flawlessly, one minor oil leak behind the points from the cam seal. The Harley was a little more of a challenge, but never died with the exception of a broken kick start gear in Alberta. Just thought I would share this story, I'm sure you guys can relate. I still ride, my 1972 XS2 (need that electric start!) and my 2015 Ducati Scrambler.

Chuck, June 18, 2021

View attachment 193453
50 years ago today, my friend and I began a adventure of a lifetime. At the age of 18, we began our trip across North America. Me riding my new 1971 XS1 and my buddy on his 68 sportster. We travelled from Union Lake MI, north on I-75, west on the Trans Canadian Hwy, South on the Pacific Coast Hwy, East on Route 66, finishing back home in Union Lake. We were gone for 8 weeks and travelled about 8000 miles. I left with $300 in my pocket, came home with about $20! It was a great experience and a lot of fun, we grew up on that trip. The Yammy ran flawlessly, one minor oil leak behind the points from the cam seal. The Harley was a little more of a challenge, but never died with the exception of a broken kick start gear in Alberta. Just thought I would share this story, I'm sure you guys can relate. I still ride, my 1972 XS2 (need that electric start!) and my 2015 Ducati Scrambler.

Chuck, June 18, 2021
IMG_20210606_115225551.jpg

Back