$5000 ebay xs

They look great when their right and when I look at the old early 650's I see works of art, a calmer more simple time in our history and its impossible to match the feel of riding of one of these.

I dunno that I'd call 1971 a calmer, more simple time in our history, but the early bikes and most bikes of that era have a certain appeal in stock form that later bikes, especially those produced in the 80s, IMO are lacking.

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Exactly! I see crap go for crazy prices everyday. In the last 2 months, at auctions, I've seen a perfect BMW Z4 go for $4K and a beat up old, rusted out C10 truck go for $12K.
I just depends what people want, who is bidding and how strong the "bidding sickness" is.

I saw a lady buy a hunk of crap pontoon boat last year for $3K, it was worth about $500. She got caught up in the bidding and I could see it in her eyes. It was like she was crazy. She won it and then it hit her when the auctioneer told her she had 12 hours to get it off the lot. I had bid on it and stopped at $200, so did the other 3 people bidding, but her and another woman kept going. We all just watched. Then she starting asking others what to do about it. Ya see, pontoon boats, usually, don't come with trailers. They set them on blocks or in a slip during the season. This one was in at a convention center parking lot on blocks. And this woman lived in Pa, about 4 hours away and was here on a weekend vacation with a friend. She actually went to the auctioneer and said she didn't want it, LMAO!!! She told me and my wife, and a couple others, that her husband was going to kill her. The auctioneer told her, "Oh well".
I couldn't believe it.

If someone brought that bike up to my shop, and saif "5K and it's yours" - I wouldn't hesitate... Beautiful machine, and every bit worth 5K if not more... I'd expect to see it go to $5600 or more honestly...

Hell, the last XS1 Front Wheel I had we ROUGH and It sold on ebay for $450

I think people are spending their tax return money.
I have an old printer that will sell on eBay tomorrow. Sold two others last week. I don't know why they are selling. You can get a new printer at walmart for $30-$50 bucks, almost the cost of the ink cartridges that come with them. The ones I'm selling don't have ink, used, are a few years old, and they are selling for $10-$40. What ever :shrug:
I'm an honest seller and am straight up with my description. If someone want to spend a bunch of money on crap I was going to throw out or donate, then that's fine by me. I'm just trying to fill up my paypal account for a big purchase at MikesXS :D

BTW, I always donate things poor people need like clothes.

I know the guy selling the first one. Restoring early XS650s is his hobby and he does good work. He gets about $5,000 for all them.

Back