60$ Harley .. How much is this stuff worth ?

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Heyyyyy ... Long time since Ive posted here ..lifes been hella hectic .. but fear not I have returned !!

So I have this too good to be tru kinda thing going on I think .. IDK

Anyways .. I have to tell you this story

Im checking facebook .. going about my day as usual and I spot a statement , Harley Sportster basket case $100.00 .. I had to read it a few times .. looked around then promptly replied .. Ill take it today Txt me your address .. and send me a pic .. blah blah

anyways I get to the girls house and evidently she had a renter alittle over a year ago who never came back for his stuff .. (major biker dude .. bunches of cool old biker stuff everywhere )( I now own it all)

welp needless to say there is no existing paper work for the bike just a BOS and some court document sating it had been surrendered to the property owner BS
so after some talking .. I got the girl down to 50$ and a case of beer ... and the bike was mine

well some of it .. its missing a bunch of stuff ,, the entire top end is gone from the wrist pins up .. and there is more bondo / shitty welds and cracks in this frame then Ive ever seen .. not to mention the neck was starting to rust off .. either way fast work for a cutoff wheel . seems I had to fit everything into the back of a volvo :/

anyways .. I dont want to keep this stuff and I thought it was a cool story you guys might enjoy

Im sure someone is going to hate on me for hacking it up .. but hey gotta make some money .. which leads me to this .. Im going to post a bunch of pictures .. can you guys give me an Idea of how much this shit is worth .. trying to get it up on ebay fast .. or if theres something you want for yourself .. PM ME

thanks guys .. hope you peeps got some enjoyment outa this .. cause I did !!

7894245898_63e8afb3cb_b.jpg

7894246160_e2a10f58d4_b.jpg

7894246550_9d298e0856_b.jpg

7894246984_dce35d1db5_b.jpg

7894247440_b32bd61539_b.jpg

I am no expert but you got your money's worth for sure. Looks like an old ironhead to me, but that front wheel is badass, can't say that I have seen that before. I would split the cases and sell the rotating assembly as one item and the cases with trans as another.

Nice purchase, make some quick $$$ and move on.

How much might u want for that rear fender? Shoot
me a PM.

Posted via Mobile

Why the cutting? It's an IH for sure. How much for the bottom end and the neck? Mightmbe interested in the forks too.

Nope .. can only sell it as parts or scrap .. its just basically there to prove you didnt steal it .. I was on the phone with DMV for 2 hours about it .. VA dont FK around with no titles shit anymore .. they have zero tolerance

and like I said the frame is garbage .. it would be cheap to buy a new one

Nope .. can only sell it as parts or scrap .. its just basically there to prove you didnt steal it .. I was on the phone with DMV for 2 hours about it .. VA dont FK around with no titles shit anymore .. they have zero tolerance

Wow, VA was one of the last of the easy states. Just a couple of years ago guys were crossing the border from NC to VA to fix titles. Guess they put a stop to that too.

yeah it sucks .. but oh well .. its easier to take em apart than stick em together .... and money motivates lol.. just another cut up carcass to throw in the continually growing pile behind my garage

I just had my title transferred into my name. It was titled to the original owner back in 1976. Thought the VA DMV would have a field day with me because all the original owner did was sign his name and it was clear that the signature occurred many years ago as the bike has changed hands a few times but never actually titled to anyone else... Must have caught the ladies at the Tappahannock DMV on a good day cause I filled out the pertinent paperwork, handed over the title and a few keystrokes I had a VA title in my name in hand! :thumbsup:

yeah .. seems to have been a lucky day for you lol

also I had planned to keep the front wheel .. but I will trade for a 21inch spool hub (choice number one) or a 21inch drum brake set up (mini drum preferred)

Back