650 chopper tear down and rebuild pics and more to come

brianis

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
69F2BCA9-5B2B-44E6-9CD7-15C8412F429E.jpeg
BFCA161E-E6E3-431F-93A8-1F168821B5C6.jpeg
D81E48F0-473F-43D8-9DC7-F21DD7FFB8EC.jpeg
9ED033B8-FF8C-46A7-8010-7D9BBAC65B8E.jpeg
so picked up my 650 a couple weeks ago it was already chopped but not how I wanted it so I ordered lanesplitter bars from tc bros and ya mamma exhaust and I’ll tell you what damn good shipping packing and quick new seat on it’s way and a new reg/rec from Hugh I needed to fix some things that the P.O. half assed and after some cleaning and grinding the frame will go out for powder coat so this is a before pic and I’ll add some as the build goes on

That looks like a great start to your project! It looks like (maybe?) a Voodoo Vintage hardtail? Nice clean lines. I dunno if you have the front end squished down with the ratchet straps, or if its got a lowering kit... IMO, I'd 'stretch' the forks with some +4" or +6" fork tubes. That's just me. I like the '60's-'70s old school look. Your bike's got nothing on it for weight, so it'll go like stink! You may want to put a front brake back on it (for just that reason!). And I don't know what Colorado DMV laws are like concerning the front brake, lights, etc., but you may want to look into that. Enjoy! :rock:

It is a voodoo vintage hardtail and nope no front brake I never run front brake on my old school chopper builds. I’m colorado we only have to have brake/tail light mirror and headlight that’s it. I need to change sprockets to get a little higher gearing but that will come after the build. And yes the front has been lowered if the front end was set up with a Harley neck already I would put a under springer I’ve had plenty of reall long raked out choppers kind of nice to have one that’s easy to handle. Plus being short and slim I can fit it on the trailer with my victory vision

Back