75 Front brake flip/flop

7fiddy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So I'm building my first bike and decided to shave the fork legs of all tabs other than the right side caliper mounts. Problem is I saved the left side instead! It seemed like an easy fix to just "flip/flop" the brake to the left side and carry on but I'm having clearance issues with the rotor hard up against the fork leg. Any ideas?

That's what I did Hotdog... Inked Monkkey thats what I thought. Seems odd to me though since the wheel hub is centered on the wheel and between the forks and the hub is the same offset left to right that you would'nt be able to just swap sides like HD says! Do you know what or where I could find the part I need? I assume you are talking about the rotor carrier?

I think the rotors themselves are different. You can find ones on ebay that will specify left and right. Calipers should be the same.

it may be easier to find a used fork lower than a left side caliper for a 75.

Discs are the same left to right (offset etc)...calipers are different of course left to right. Is your wheel spaced correctly..?? speedo drive on the LH side..?? are your forks in backwards..? I mean if its a 75 then should have trailing calipers, are your forks in correctly - left to right, not back to front..?? if you know what I mean.....

:wtf:Thanks for the reply's..... I'm not too proud to admit that I missed the obvious. My right fork leg lower was rotated 180! F***!! Not as obvious as you would think with the leg shaved clean and all taped up to protect the finish. Now everything bolts up and lines up just as I thought it would. Easy swap if you dont make it harder than it needs to be.

I may have your solution....What side did you need to replace the left or right? I have a good left side (axle clamp side) 75 B 34mm fork available from a 35mm 79 SF swap in. (Right side was cracked).

To whom....75 B's had leading side of the fork mounted calipers. Repeat...if it's the left side you need (and they do not rotate and change sides readily) let me know. However, I'm afraid it's the wrong one for you. Blue

Attachments

• front-fork-tx650axs650b-xs650-b-1974-1976_bigyau0774f-9_79aa.jpg
    front-fork-tx650axs650b-xs650-b-1974-1976_bigyau0774f-9_79aa.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 75B.jpg
    75B.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 75xs650B.jpg
    75xs650B.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Back