For Sale - '76 XS650 cafe with lots of spares

bbillington

blorp a dorp dorp
Reaction score
1976 Yamaha XS650 cafe bike asking $2500 or best offer, to include a ton of spares (parts motor/ignition parts/tank/mag wheels with tires/NOS rear spoked wheel) <<<<< sorry was wrong about the wheel.... i have a bunch of rear wheels in my shed and thought one was for an XS. what I have is actually a freshly laced 19" excel rim to a disc hub. hasn't been final tightened/trued yet. I have a spoke set to do a rear wheel as well, but haven't gotten around to it. I'm attaching a picture of the wheel.

Roughly 12K miles, though not certain on that as it was a basketcase when I picked it up and I don't run gauges on it. I have a nice mini speedo that I'll include if someone wants it.

New Mikuni VM34 round slide carbs
2-1 exhaust w/ a supertrapp muffler that sounds amazing
wrapped header pipes
racetech springs w/ emulators
new rear shocks
bobbed rear fender
fork brace
pristine front fender
NOS spitfires tires/tubes
accel dual output coil
kick start only
bronze swingarm bushings
LED tail/brake lights
no gauges but can provide some if necessary
clip on bars... also have several other bar options
wheels are very clean. some surface rust on a few spokes but nothing substantial
tank is great inside. dual petcocks
ignition switch moved to headlight housing
new battery, charging system works great
has combined reg/rectifier
new plugs and wires
if asking price is met, will include many spares and pristine take offs.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of things. This is a really fun bike. Starts first kick for me. Like most old bikes, it's not the best FIRST bike, best it's suited for someone who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty once in a while; nothing unfamiliar to XS650 folks.

it's a bit dirty in the pics, but I will give it a full detail and touch up any paint on the frame before final sale. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it's a fun bike, that gets a lot of love from all sorts of people, and I'm pretty proud of it.

Bike has its quirks but I think I have it well sorted now. I could use the funds for some other bike projects I have.

6311883961_08be9879e1_b.jpg

6311883827_520fa1eb3c_b.jpg

6312403716_c4256e20f5_b.jpg

6312403590_ac11a4c06c_b.jpg

6312403446_d73f7d4dfe_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back