For Sale - 78 XS650 Bobber - El Negro Blanco

BobberNick

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
78 XS650 Bobber For Sale - Newly Rebuilt

New Photos

The rebuild is finished and I am looking to sell my 78 XS650. New paint and powder coat on whole bike, motor has great compression, new points, wires, lucas style taillight, solo and passenger seat, battery, grips, clip-ons, tank. So many new parts. Bike is fast and runs through the greats great. Road ready. Electric or kick start. PM for details on newly issued Utah State Title. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I will be taking some more better photos when the bike is washed, but thought that I would get these up for the time being.

I'm located in SLC, not really interested in shipping for now. Asking $2,499 OBO.

Thanks,

Nick

Attachments

• RIGHT SIDE.jpg
    RIGHT SIDE.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 253
  • LEFT SIDE.jpg
    LEFT SIDE.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 189
  • MOTOR LEFT.jpg
    MOTOR LEFT.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 181
  • MOTOR RIGHT.jpg
    MOTOR RIGHT.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 155
  • REAR RIGHT.jpg
    REAR RIGHT.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 153
  • TANK TOP.jpg
    TANK TOP.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Posted New Pics of the bike. PM with questions. I may meet a buyer in near by states. I do have access to vehicle haulers, so I can ship in the lower 48 states. Let me know.

Dude.. I just bought this bike.. haha. How weird... I love it. Are you the shop that did the motor and carb rebuild? If so, I'd love to ask you a few questions.

You just bought the bike? That's awesome! I didn't rebuild the carbs or motor. The motor was strong when I bought it, but one of the carbs did need to be gone through. I built the bike from the ground up, but did not rebuild the motor. I'd love to see pics now. I have a ton of pics in the building stage if you want them. I can tell you everything about it, other than who rebuilt the carbs. I'm so glad it's in good hands.

Thanks,

Nick

I purchased the motor and carbs out of Portland, Oregon in 2011 and had it shipped here from a trucker friend of mine. I adjusted the valves, set the timing, threw hi-pro plugs and new wires on it, I changed the oil twice when I had it. Use the Rotella oil. It works great. It has a new oil filter also. I sold this bike in November of 2012. I don't think the guy rode it much. I'm in SLC.

I purchased the motor and carbs out of Portland, Oregon in 2011 and had it shipped here from a trucker friend of mine. I adjusted the valves, set the timing, threw hi-pro plugs and new wires on it, I changed the oil twice when I had it. Use the Rotella oil. It works great. It has a new oil filter also. I sold this bike in November of 2012. I don't think the guy rode it much. I'm in SLC.

Yeah man.. I just got it registered, and currently it's my daily driver. I bought it from some fella in Ogden. I live in Washington, so I made a weekend trip out of it. The bike is a blast. The guy I bought it from said the motor and carbs had all been rebuilt from some shop who's name eludes me.

Both carbs look newer than the ones in your pictures. I plan to get it cleaned up and do some rad photos/video of it for my freelance sight.

Did you do any work on the ignition, charging? I have yet to dive too deep into it. I plan on doing the full elec ignition/PMA charging..

One other question.. When I registered it, it says it's a 1972. Haha.. Ias that to get around the blinker/speedo law? What year is the motor and carbs, ignition?

Back