For Sale - 78 Yamaha XS 650 -VA

bfd119

XS650 Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_3186.JPG
IMG_3189.JPG
Purchased a couple years ago. Starting taking parts off and got to the point where I needed tools I didn't have or time. Honestly, want to sell the entirety outright. It wasn't running when I bought it, it it was a complete bike and I still have everything I took off. Serious buyers only. Best Offer takes it and I'll be honest, first person with cash takes it. Contact me at the avenues below. I'm not on here often.

Thanks,

CJ
Bfd119@gmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_3188.JPG
    IMG_3188.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_3187.JPG
    IMG_3187.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 297
I am heading to Wilmington NC in a couple weeks if you still have it when I come that way .
Give me a PM on what you would take for it.
Rich

Hey folks, just some advise. I'm asking OR Best Offer. If you want to know what I would like to get, don't ask because I'd like to get more than you're going to offer. JUST MAKE THE OFFER!

Somebody in the know......help me out here. If this is truly a 1978 and I see wire wheels.....is it a standard? I don't know enough about them to tell with what I'm seeing.

I don't want another project........but.

Gordon who's less than 3 hours away from Bedford

Thanks nj....I was kinda hoping it wasn't.

What's a man to do? You pick this thing up for Lord knows how much ( I really don't like being the buyer AND the seller....that's JMO) and then dump hours and hours of time and probably $2500-$3000 to boot......so you can have a very nice example of a "not so common" bike....worth maybe $2800-$3200. Geeze....I need another project like I need a hole in my head but I do like the idea of pulling one out of the dark and bringing it back into the light.

My friend who has done all my painting for years is retiring......so there's another bundle of bucks into it. I need to learn how to paint......but my friend was so good at it and we bartered on most of it....he was probably one of the best I've known and losing his service is going to hurt.

Conflicted in NC Gordon

bfd.......I'll text you today. Yea, I want it just gota figure out if I can afford it and when I could chisel out the 6+ hours to come get it.

At least at this point in my life I don't have to explain it to my wife anymore......she just rolls her eyes and doesn't say a word. I LOVE that woman and I consider myself a very lucky man. I've got bikes under covers in the garage and shop she's never seen. Sometimes I'll pull one out and she'll say "How long have you had that thing?"..........it kinda reminds me of the late 60's early 70's when we lived by the moto.....".Pot will get you through times when there are no women better than women will get you through times with no pot". Heck, if she finally gets tired of it all and throws me out......I still have these motorcycles to keep me company. :);):laugh2::lmao::p:love::cool:

Gordon....just down the road in North Wilkesboro, NC

Depending on the day, I may be able to meet you halfway. Shoot me a text and we can work it out.

bfd.......I'll text you today. Yea, I want it just gota figure out if I can afford it and when I could chisel out the 6+ hours to come get it.

At least at this point in my life I don't have to explain it to my wife anymore......she just rolls her eyes and doesn't say a word. I LOVE that woman and I consider myself a very lucky man. I've got bikes under covers in the garage and shop she's never seen. Sometimes I'll pull one out and she'll say "How long have you had that thing?"..........it kinda reminds me of the late 60's early 70's when we lived by the moto.....".Pot will get you through times when there are no women better than women will get you through times with no pot". Heck, if she finally gets tired of it all and throws me out......I still have these motorcycles to keep me company. :);):laugh2::lmao::p:love::cool:

Gordon....just down the road in North Wilkesboro, NC

bfd.......is Va a notary state? Here in NC to pass a title along you need a notary's stamp. You can get that at a bank or the DMV but what that usually means is you have to deal during a work day/hours. That means a weekend is out which makes it harder to schedule.......unless you know a notary who'll do it on a weekend. Titles are importaant here in NC, it used to be a snap to use one of the title services but that went out the door a few years back when the fellow running the show (who was an auto collector) got caught helping his friends get titles.

Now it's a royal pain........jumping through hoops and red tape around every corner.

Gordon

Got busy at work yesterday...kinda waiting to hear about how VA treats their title transfer (might take a call to the DMV???)
BUT.....I'm texting you an offer this morning. Could be we're so far apart this is all in vain.

Gordon

Well.......................we struck a deal and I'm headed over Wednesday to pick it up. You would think at my age I'd know better than to take on another project.....but there's just no help for me, as Pink says "I'm my worst enemy"

Gordon in NC

Back