79 xs 650

What exactly is preventing it from running?

Ebay

Craigslist

650central

MikesXS

Lowbrow

TCBros

etc should get you most of the parts

There's a couple XS650s in a local cycle brakers here.

Also where are you located...having someone that is handy on these XS's show ya the ropes is always a valuable commodity.

i need a ingition switch with key, gas cap, headlight and a stator. I just picked up a 1979 yamaha xs 650 this past weekend. i was online looking for parts And came across this site, i started to read post and seen pictures of all the bikes restored and the customs and so i join and wanted to be a part of this awesome place and share my bike with you all like you all did. i plan on getting it to run and ride it for awhile than i want to make a nice bobber/chopper with it.

you can use any switch as an ignition switch, or you can have a key made for the switch you have or you can jumper the wires in the header going to the switch for now.

I wager if someone's got the stator off, you'll need more parts than you think.

the stator is there the guy said it wasnt charging... the switch is gone, it still has the stock tank and i cant open it with out a key...

Hi stemy, Like alfredo says do a proper intro with as much info as possable, giving out info in dribs and drabs will make it harder for us to help you.

The gas cap is easy to get off without a key and the stater is less likly to be the culpret than the roter

Back