79 XS cafe Pics from Oz

I am pretty new to the forum but it looks like you have gotten rid of the big battery and left a clean look under the seat. Can you point me in the direction you went in with this mod? Kick only start plus some electrical mods?

I have electric start as primary, as the rearsets make kicking a pain, i have a batt under the rear of the seat and all the elect on the pan, the batt is a gel cell motorcross batt and has no dramas kicking the bike over

A couple more pics,

I didn't take many as the light wasnt right and doesnt do the colour justice.

Attachments

• CAFXS 3.jpg
    CAFXS 3.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 113
  • CAFXS 4.jpg
    CAFXS 4.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 111
  • CAFXS 5.jpg
    CAFXS 5.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 110
Can you give me the details of your battery- make/model?

Your bike has a look that defies description about why it is so great looking. All of the details just work so well together to give it a spirit, cafe' yes, but unique too. Good work and keep the pictures coming!:thumbsup:

I have electric start as primary, as the rearsets make kicking a pain, i have a batt under the rear of the seat and all the elect on the pan, the batt is a gel cell motorcross batt and has no dramas kicking the bike over

A couple of build pics,

the batt is a mottobatt as in pic, though had i known they were available at the time i would have bought a shorai or similar.

and the rear seat cowl I laid up in glass as per the photo.

thanks all for the positive comments :thumbsup:

Attachments

• batt.jpg
    batt.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 113
  • cowl.jpg
    cowl.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 116
  • batt 2.jpg
    batt 2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 101
  • rear 2.jpg