80 g have questions about oil and pump

lowliferat

certified hack
Reaction score
so i have bben putting togather my new sled 21,000 miles came to me w/ no starter or electronics ,charging system , so when i first saw her i checked for compression , now i put starter in and filled with oil , i want to start her , but will i need to prime oil pump? she had no oil in her when i checked for compresssion. i saw in manual where they prime oil delivery tube when rebuilding. i cleaned filters and fixed sump screen w/ jb weld , what do you all think? where is oil pressure sending unit? thanks all

No oil pressure sending unit on these. I lubed the pump with assembly grease, filled the oil, and kicked the bike a whole bunch to get the oil flowing. That's about all you can do.
You could see oil on the rockers when it gets up there.
You fixed the sump screen with JB Weld? It'll work, but new & improved screens aren't all that pricey...

Yeah lube the cylinders (squirt oil in the plug holes) and kick it over for a while with the plugs out. Tell your wife it's an all the rage thigh master machine......
I have started hitting the valve stems between the spring coils with some PB blaster prestart.

Back