"81" Build

rawxs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've been collecting parts, it is now time to start this build. Getting it on the work table and hanging parts to see how things look.

I'm using VS1400 41mm forks with slug's to limit travel and 19" wheel in these pictures.
TC Bro. hardtail installed by them. TC Bro. tank. Ken Hosford made the rear fender. Ebay headlight. 16" x 3" HD rear wheel and GMA rear caliper and bracket on table. Need to make spacer for the axle and brake bracket. Saw a problem here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Stop will miss the frame at full lock. Well this is a start. rawxs

Well I started to soda blast the motor. One $19.00 gun and a 50lb bag of baking soda. What a mess , but it works good. no pictures because of the soda dust everywhere. Still need to do the carb body's and some other parts before paint. I'm going to try this on some rusting spokes and a few dirty ones to see if it helps clean them up. rawxs

Normally I don't get too excited about hardtail bikes, but yours got my attention. It's lines are so clean and it's not finished!

Finished, Nope far from that. I'm in the cleaning, welding, that won't work stage at the moment. I've had others tell me the same thing you noticed, that the lines look right. I don't know if it is the 41mm Intruder front forks that make it seem better or what. Thank You by the way. rawxs

Back