For Sale - 81 mag wheels with new Kenda tires

LuckyQXS650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
For sale is a set of mag wheels off a 81 xs
Tires are new,Front is a 19 with 100/90-19 Kenda challenger,rear is a 130/90-16 Kenda cruiser. No rear disc but do have rear 34 tooth sprocket. Located in Oklahoma City and can deliver in the metro area. Asking $150 OBO.

I assume by no disk you mean this is a rear disk setup? I am looking for a mag wheel set with a rear drum brake.

Yes,the rear is for a disc brake,not sure if they ever had a mag wheel with a drum,but the experts on here would know for sure.

It was offered only in 81 according to the experts. I found a classified add selling a complete 82 bike, or so it said, with a drum rear. Thank you for the reply.

North American Special rear mags were disc from 78 to 80, drum in 81 AND 82-83 Canadian Heritage Specials also had drum rear mags. They all were 16". Spoke and mag wheels are easily swapped between years and XS650 models. The US got ONLY 48-64 spoke wheel heritage specials in 82-83 Doing a disc to drum conversion isn't that hard.

Thank you gggGary. Who says you're "No expert". You're an expert in my book. Thanks again for the info.

At this point I'm happy sticking with the rear drum I currently have if I can find a rear drum mag wheel. I really don't want to be fabricating tabs to weld onto the frame to mount the brake cylinder for a rear disk, etc.

Back