81 wiring color help!!

William

Cant Get Enough
Reaction score
Hey guys... I have an 81 and have tried following the simplified wiring diagrams but i have some color differences... Its kick only by the way. On my ignition box i have a w/r, r/w, o, w/b, b/w, w/g, and black. Have no idea about the w/b b/w or w/g! Cant get it to start. wants to at bottom of stroke but just a small short growl and thats it. any ideas? Thanks ahead of time. read where the b/w is a safety for kickstand and can be capped?? Can i leave the ignition box out of the loop being kick only? Im going to jump off of a cliff soon if i dont get her to run!

the pick up coil color is different from the simplified diagrams. I have an orange, grey and ground. Orange to r/w, and grey to g/w...? Or grey to w/r? Shit!!!!!!!

Im not sure if I remember off hand but I think orange to white with red stripe at motor. Grey or green to white And gray or green and white. I thought it was green and white but like I said I can't remember

Orange coil to orange ignition box red n white coil to red and white ignition box black ground red power Motor to ignition box orange becomes white red stripe black becomes black with white stripe green becomes white with green stripe. Blue is capped yellow is capped. Three whites to three whites Don't take this as fact I'm trying to remember off hand

I have no solid red in my ignition box. Everything else is ok. I have the grey from pick up going to g/w and the orange from pick up going to w/r on ignition box. Nothing!

It fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy hell. Two years in the works. Its revs high after start which i get nervous and turn the key off! After i turn off switch it lopes for about 5 second until it dies. Adjustment on carbs maybe? Stoked as hell!!

Back