For Sale - 81 XS with Sidecar- Central Il

Furious D

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ive had a lot of fun with this but I want to move on to a bigger outfit. 81 Special with an 80 Velorex 562 car. I have owned it for a few years but just bolted the car to this bike last winter.

100_1343.jpg

Not your average XS. I built it with some kind of desert theme in mind I'm not sure what to call it. I put a new rear tire on it this spring as well a a new rotor/rectifier. Comes with a couple boxes of extra parts as well

I ride it at least 3-4 days a week. Mileage is unknown, It came with two speedos. One said 14K, The other is 34K. Bike is far from perfect cosmeticly. It has some rust on wheels and could use paint. It lives outside because it takes up a lot of room in the garage but I will throw in the custom blue tarp I used to cover it in bad weather for free.:D

Could use a little tuning . Since the weather has become cooler it has become a little harder to start but I am going to work on that this week. All said it would be a cheap way to get into a sidecar. I'm asking $1850 for the whole thing or I would sell the bike alone for $850.

More pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/102413663171843562779/Sidecar

Does that mean a person could buy the sidecar and all bracketing for the difference?
What type of suspension if any? Would dawg need a seatbelt to keep him from bouncing out?

Does that mean a person could buy the sidecar and all bracketing for the difference?
What type of suspension if any? Would dawg need a seatbelt to keep him from bouncing out?

I'd sell the car separate but I would rather sell them as a set . The suspension on the bike has been beefed up, I think you would find that if you bolted a sidecar to a stock XS its going to be overloaded .

The car does have a coil over shock that absorbs the bumps pretty well. Cant help you with the dog but it does have a seatbelt. I know there are quite a few folks over on the ADVrider forum that take their dogs with them. There may be some kind of harness available.

Back