For Sale - 82 honda 450 automatic cafe racer

sickbikers

southen indiana cafe klub
Reaction score
82 Honda 450 This is a automatic, done to resemble the old school cafe racers, or put the original provided parts back on for a classic look. 26,000 miles, super condition.

$1500

Very well maintained. New chain, battery, tube less tires front and rear, valves adjusted, oil changed regularly, (used synthetic last change). new plugs.

Installed bar end mirror, heat wrap on exhaust, shorty exhaust, moto cross style handle bars (old school look), removed generic automatic shift light, and installed tac with neutral light. (Tac is for looks only, original had N-1-2 display, no tac) Intalled a much smaller brake light, shortened rear turn signals.

Comes with 2 seats. One factory seat, super shape, minus small tear at rear end, from previous sissy bar. top and sides in excellent shape, near new. 2nd seat is a bump stop seat for a cafe/dirt tracker look.

Included in sale, are the original mirrors, seat, seat trim rail, tail lamp, crash bars, handle bars, and mufflers. all in above above average shape.

everything on the bike works, (minus tac as desribed above by design.) chrome is above good condition, probabally the best you could get used. No leaks. July trip to smokey mountains in north carolina, and back zero problems. 26000 miles, runs super.

email sickbikers@yahoo.com

full

neutral, Low and High. or 1 and 2. Yup clutchless,
not sure about the z50.

pull up to a stop light, brake to stop, release brake and give it gas to go.
It does have a left hand lever, but instead of a clutch its a parking brake.
you pull it back, then push a pin through the lever to hold parking brake.
I have never used it though, just leave bike in gear when parking.
so it looks like a regular bike. shift lever is in normal spot.
front and rear brakes are the same.

I have had it to above 85 mph. as there is a bump stop on the speedometer guage at 85.

I really would like to keep it for its all around use, but have four bikes. a second one is listed on this site. see my alblums....sickbikers other is a 82 xs400 cafe.
You could ride this bike home. both seats have plenty of padding.
thanks

Last edited:
Nope, I have never downshifted, unless Im in a slow two way speed zone, then I have down shifted to pass. Never when coming to a stop, as you can gas it in second, and have decent pickup. relatively speaking. You would also get better gas mileage, and less engine stress, by not downshifting when stopping, again, not needed. thanks

Back