1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Sold / Found / Inactive - ~82ish XS650 Carburetors

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Hightower-Ash98, May 19, 2020.

1. Aftermarket/original
    Whatever you've got.
    The dirt and grime got to mine and I'm throwing in the towel, I know nothing about rebuilding these things and I feel the expense wouldn't be worth it for a bike that originally cost me $150.

2. Bushyeyed1

Bushyeyed1 Cafe Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

3. I was looking at the MikesXS carb set, and that dude charging hundreds to rebuild carbs seems like a waste when for a hundred more I could get new ones

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Bushyeyed1 likes this.
  4. billy icon

billy icon test pilot,gunnie pig, and all around experiment

I have two sets of original carbs , rebuilt with Japanese kits not Taiwanese, they have been cleaned in a ultra sonic cleaning tank inside and out, I will take p hoto tomarrow. there more than you paid for the bike thou, lol

Hightower-Ash98 likes this.
  5. Shoot me the pics, I'd rather pay for original carbs instead of the MikesXS.
    But then again I'd rather make mine work lmao

6. billy icon

i can rebuild yours, cleaned with all new jets, needle ,needle valve and quality gaskets, for 175.00
    as long as the diaphragms are good

7. How much for your carbs

8. billy icon

225.00 to your door

9. billy icon

beware the mikes xs carbs, many people have had a hard time getting them to run properly and usualy list them here for sale..

10. plowboy1

plowboy1 XS650 Addict

I have a very nice set from my sons 1981 650. $125 includes shipping. Let me know. I think I have pics from an earlier ad I had on here trying to sell them. Probably about two to three weeks ago.

11. plowboy1

plowboy1 XS650 Addict

Page three may 2nd. in the classifieds

12. right, the only thing that I don't like is the PP friends and family, Last time I didn't use "Goods and Services" I got scammed

13. willis

willis xsive compulsive disorder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I've used Rick at OldSkoolCarbs a couple of times for full blown rebuilds. He has an add in the SHOPS section of the forum. They look like jewelry when you get them back!

14. plowboy1

plowboy1 XS650 Addict

I think I've sold to you before. I don't scam people, anyway you can pay by goods and services if you prefer. Mitch

15. billy icon

I can give good feedback about plowboy, he is a strait shooter....and wont scam anyone

Ive purchased a set of carbs from him and I was verry happy

I have also purchased over 15 seperate purchases from members of the forum and always use friends and familly, and never have I been screwwed... and I imagine if anyone ever got screwed that once the rest of the people here got word of it, the person doing the screwwing wouldnt be around much longer

Hightower-Ash98 and Team Junk like this.
  16. Yeah I gotcha, I think I'm going to buy a rebuild kit and see what happens.
    If that fails I'll buy some new ones