For Sale - '83 forks, triple tree

nj1639

Paleo-simplistic
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Forks- 80 bucks shipped to the lower 48.
Triple tree- 40 bucks shipped to the lower 48.
The triple tree is stripped of bolts, bearings and rubbers. Forks are straight and not pitted. Both these came off my ride when I upgraded to the xs750 forks.

83Special002.jpg

Whats the advantage of useing XS750 forks?

When lowering the rear by putting 10.5" Rebels or in my case 11" shocks on, the lean to the bike on the sidestand becomes more vertical...to the point of where a strong wind will knock her over. The xs750 Standard forks give you about an inch and three quarters rise to the front end, putting the angle back to the sidestand. They are also 36mm- opposed to the stock (later models) 35mm. Beefier is better?
I'm curious as to how the leading axle xs750 Special forks would look using the Standard xs750 triple.....rake? Of course this does affect handling.

As Gott states, dual rotors and calipers, though you can do that to the stock setup. The 750 rotors are a bit smaller in diameter, so puttin 2 on has a little less weight than the 650 would with duals.

Last edited:
Shoot, I just got a rotor from another 650 and left caliper and mount off an late 70's xs 750 and bolted it all on and added braided SS lines. I'm useing the same M/C and like the feel of it. I might switch to a 16mm M/C one of these days.

Shoot, I just got a rotor from another 650 and left caliper and mount off an late 70's xs 750 and bolted it all on and added braided SS lines. I'm useing the same M/C and like the feel of it. I might switch to a 16mm M/C one of these days.

That's what I'm working on now too.

Back