A 1979 650F Heading to Texas

You asked about the headpipes. The link I gave you takes me here. Not taking you there?

1697680713600.png

Hey Kevin........where are those headpipes being sold?
I want to tell you true. I LOVE the look. Buy 2 sets. Use the first set to practice never touching them with your riding boot when you set your kick stand down. Mine are scuffed at the kickstand after 1300 miles. I am not worried so much, this bike is a rider. If these thing p!÷s you off, you should know in advance. I think I am saying that these are not OEM chrome. But I still love them. Cheers

Attachments

• 1697680697308220808450728511374.jpg
    1697680697308220808450728511374.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 31
You asked about the headpipes. The link I gave you takes me here. Not taking you there?

View attachment 253551

View attachment 253551
I think my mind was in a time warp there for a minute.....I'm good now. It's probably good that I'm retired. Thanks Jim! I clicked on the link, and only the picture came up. Then I typed in the web address in the search bar, and the sight popped up.

I want to tell you true. I LOVE the look. Buy 2 sets. Use the first set to practice never touching them with your riding boot when you set your kick stand down. Mine are scuffed at the kickstand after 1300 miles. I am not worried so much, this bike is a rider. If these thing p!÷s you off, you should know in advance. I think I am saying that these are not OEM chrome. But I still love them. Cheers
They look great!

I like the set I have on my '83. The quality seems quite good. The pipe is thick and heavy, and the chrome seems good. And I'm quite surprised (and happy) they haven't blued up like most aftermarket single wall headpipes do. They're starting to get a very slight gold tint up by the head, that's all. That's really saying something with all the carb tinkering I do, lol. I've had no fewer than 3 different carb sets on the bike so far. But I'm pretty familiar with how to re-jet them so none were ever run with stock jets. They all went on re-jetted with bigger jets to start with.

NewWheelMounted3.jpg

NewWheelMounted4.jpg

I've got nearly 2000 miles on them. If they were going to turn colors, I figure they would have by now, lol.

Last edited:
I've bought a couple sets of those pipes as spares just because they're way too good of deal to pass up.

Same thing with the matching Commando mufflers that fit them. Great looking combo, even better price. Win, win!

Emgo Dunstall Replicas on stock standard head pipes with a slight angle extension does work out pretty well.
FMF Motocross glass packed did the trick for great sound.

Attachments

• IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4598.jpeg
    IMG_4598.jpeg
    497.4 KB · Views: 42
Whered you come up with those cool extensions?
Those chrome extensions were hard to come by.
Mikes XS , Dime , etc sells them, but.. they are 30 degree bend which is too much. I shortened them by just over an inch each end and then shaped the bended opening to better resemble about 18 degrees after using my secret gasket material 😉 . Tightened the muffler clamp while tweaking it all in good form.
Those mufflers are tight , strong , and not leaking yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4600.jpeg
    IMG_4600.jpeg
    665.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 24
Those chrome extensions were hard to come by.
Mikes XS , Dime , etc sells them, but.. they are 30 degree bend which is too much. I shortened them by just over an inch each end and then shaped the bended opening to better resemble about 18 degrees after using my secret gasket material 😉 . Tightened the muffler clamp while tweaking it all in good form.
Those mufflers are tight , strong , and not leaking yet.
Sharing your secrets?

Back