1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

A better fuel filter?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TeeCat, Jan 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Ah, good to know, realgone! Thanks for the tip! I like mine so far!

TC

2. LanarkXS

LanarkXS XS650 Member

Visu-Filter claims to be ethanol compatible.

"Housing: Clear PET (E-85 compatible)
    Filter Media: Porous Sintered Bronze
    Cap: Clear PET (E-85 compatible)"

mike

3. Nailbomb

Nailbomb Central New York XS650

I used the same cheap plastic ones your showing on the Yamaha.

Used one like this on the chopper, and had the first one leak from the factory
    [​IMG]

The one teecat showed a link to seems promising though, might switch to that.(not on the chopper, the Yamaha)

4. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

5. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I like the idea of the Purolator f10024 I wonder if I want to have a little more room if I could run right petcock to left carb left petcock to right carb (1975 stock 650) I think it was posted on another thread ?

6. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I have been using Visu Filters for several years and have never had a problem with them. However I did have an issue with the cheap generic filters.

Attached Files:

Greyandridin likes this.
  7. scanney

scanney XS650 Enthusiast

I bought some F10024 Purolator filters. See pics. Way to fn big. Suggestions?

Attached Files: