A Christmas Tale of synchronicity

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
something extraordinary happened to me today that was much more than just a co-incidence . Something, that hours later I still cannot get my head around but lets go back to the beginning.

Several weeks ago I was shopping in one of the nearby towns for a christmas present for a good friend. After looking all over town I finally spotted what I thought would be the perfect gift ! A watch made by Anaii . It had a large man-size face with red strap and very unusual ,almost surreal style face and numerals.

The moment that I saw the watch I knew it would be just the style of watch that my friend would buy for herself, so ,convinced that I had found the 'perfect' Christmas present I went to enter the shop and found it closed ....damn!

The next opportunity I had to visit the town was the following Monday but when I arrived at the shop once again it was closed ! ?? I looked for information about the shop opening hours but found just a contact phone number which I wrote on my hand with a pen borrowed from a nearby shop.

Once home I forgot about the watch and later that day realised that I had washed the number off my hand. blast!

The next chance I got to visit the town was the following Monday in the week before Christmas and finding it closed yet again realised that the shop had either closed for good or it closed on Mondays ! either way it looked like I wasn't going to get the watch that looked back at me tantilisingly from the shop window display .

I finally managed to get back to the shop later the same week to find the watch had gone from the display. I stared in disbelief ! what the hell was I going to do now ? I spoke to the store owner who told me that the watch had been bought the previous day......wtf?:banghead:

In desperation I gratefully purchased one of the other remaining 3x watches in a turquoise colour and wrapped it for Christmas.

Today My friend opened the present and was very pleased with the watch which was a relief.

A couple of hours later we were talking about the watch and she said this is really strange but I bought an almost identical watch last week in a nearby town as a present for one of my employers. It was a red one. I really wanted it for myself but it was the perfect watch for my employer who has the same taste in watches as me.

Staring at her in disbelief I said, ' was it the red watch in such and such store in such and such town ? ' she said 'yes how on earth did you know that ?'
When I told her my saga about the red watch we were both speechless....

What are the odds that two friends , seperately visit the same town and the same store and choose the exact same watch for a present ????

Merry Christmas everyone:D

may be its a good time to do the lotto :D

When my brother got sent to Iraq my other brother and I bought him the exact same pocket knife as a going away present.

No such thing as coincidence, we are all linked together in the dimension that we can't see.......or rarely see- due to our being seperated from it by our material humaness.

Am I a body that has a spirit or am I a spirit that has a body? Join the peacecorps.....

Great story, but I always remind myself not to confuse coincidence with causation.

Back