A longshot...History of a US import 650 to the UK

XS1961

XS addict!
Reaction score
I know its a longshot but you never know, Ive nothing better to do this evening......
I have a '76 XS here that was supplied by
Sport Wheels Inc.of Johnson Memorial Drive ,Jordan,Mn.
I dont suppose anyone here sold this blue XS (frame # 447-202*** ) to the above dealer about 15 years ago? :shrug:
Any missing paperwork would be handy :wink2:

BTW dude--- you posted in the "lounge"... it says "non motorcycle related" discussions. So you may have better luck in a different room... just FYI

for me---- I'm curious what you paid for it. I read Classic Bike from time to time and always drool over the for sale ads in the back... especially the brough superior! Also, I'm always so amazed at how many BSAs and AJSs and Triumphs are available with super low miles... If I lived on that side of the pond.... sheesh

I'm always so amazed at how many BSAs and AJSs and Triumphs are available with super low miles... If I lived on that side of the pond.... sheesh
You kidding?! :)
All the low mileage & cheap Brit stuffs over your side of the water JR
I havent had my hands on a Brit bike for many a year, theyre way out on my price range now..Most of the A65's & T120/140's round my way were repatriated from the States , they were bought cheap by the container load & in much better original condition.
Thats whats happening with old Jap stuff now, loadsa nice rust-free US imports coming in ..Ours have all rusted away.
I just paid £300 (minus engine)for this '76 XS ,the bloke I bought it from paid £800 for it from the importer in 1997

Back