A ripp'n hardtail bobber build from a seized, desert rat: CALLING ALL DESTROYERS

the mono-shock seat is now in place. its cool and maintains the light feel I've been seeking to capture with this bike. I'm happy with how everything looks but I'm not too stoked on the spring. i will probably need to go with something a bit heavier:

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

that exhaust looks bad ass...........heck the whole bike is bad ass, very nice build. Did you have any clearence issues with the kick stand and exhaust pipes??

that exhaust looks bad ass...........heck the whole bike is bad ass, very nice build. Did you have any clearence issues with the kick stand and exhaust pipes??

thanks man. no issues with the kick stand but a little bit of clearance issues with the kick starter and pipes. ill have to go through things and tighten everything up but for now I'm still in the mock-up stage.

Yay! Finally a hardtail without a fucking sportster tank or peanut tank!!

Any updates? I love it so far..

I really want to run a dt250 tank when I hardtail mine, but the honda tank looks wicked too

ahhhhhhhh!
so im in europe right now, jet lagged like a motha and can't sleep. I'm day dreaming or wide awake at night dreaming about whats left on CALLING ALL DESTROYERS. i have a few tricks up my sleeve thats going to need special care but other things like ignition and such which isn't so special but very necessary also needs my attention.

as a result i start thinking about the rad looking dual tower XS Performance Ignition Coil
found here:
http://www.mikesxs.net/product/17-6810.html

and how to mount it
i was checking up on the description of the dual tower and i read this: "works with Pamco ignitions (Non rephased engine types)"

wtf!

so i began researching...
in this thread about performance coils http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18155&highlight=performance+coil xsleo writes "Pete should read this soon and reply with the right info. If you want you can send Pamcopete a pm and ask him directly or email him at www.yamahaxs650.com that's his ignition web site.
I think it should work as long as the primary side ohms are both around 5 ohms. Wired in parrellel, that's power wired to both positive's hooked together and both grounded, the ohms are devided by two. Two 5 ohm coils wired this way is a total of 2.5 ohms.
If wired in series, power to one positive, that coils negitive to the others positive, the second coil to ground, the the ohms double. Two 5's = ten ohms.
Wired in series is the way to do it.
Leo"

leo should've started his reply with "Aaron you should be more thorough and read pete's entire installation for rephased pamcos found here: http://www.yamahaxs650.com/270_and_277_rephase_ignition_sys.htm because you would read this "When combined with the outstanding single output "Green Monster" coils from MikesXS" and you would see this:http://www.yamahaxs650.com/277_rotor_installation.htm"

the single output "Green Monster" Part #17-6807 coil can be found herehttp://www.mikesxs.net/product/17-6807.html

pete mentions that The green wire is negative and goes to the green wire on the PAMCO. The red wire goes to your source of switched battery (kill switch) and it is positive.

i will be returning my dual tower and buying two of these singles which now alters how i was planning on mounting some of the electrical

i know you didn't mean to but thanks for the help xsleo

Last edited:
Still jet lagged, I'm back from europe, returning to a ton of goodies waiting for me!
I received a ton of bolts to maintain CALLING ALL DESTROYERS consistency:
IMG_4897.jpg

I also received a ton of parts for the bike. my thoughts on the parts following.....

Last edited:
SPEEDO:

i won't be running a tach but i will be using a speedo. the speedo on the left has led lights for brights, signals, oil, and neutral. the one on the right is a straight forward speedo. both are seem to me made well but i will go with the one on the left as it allows me to ignore building an idiot light plate:

IMG_4902.jpg

Headlight:

i have a dope idea for the headlight that will need a lot of attention, almost as much as the tank is going to need. my idea calls for the a small headlight. the one on the right is a 4.5" headlight from dime city. the right is a 4.5" headlight from the swap meat. i didn't think i would like the one on the left but its actually really nice with even a high beam indicator (which i won't need due to my speedo). i will probably use this headlight in the future as I'm impressed with the quality but for now will skip it and use the one i bought at the swap meat. the thickness of the swap meat buy is be a benefit to me:

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

Gas cap:
i mentioned this gas cap threads ago and wanted to see it in person. its built super nice and will look great on my bridegstone tank. in fact i like so much I'm thinking about installing it on my cafe racer. with out having it installed i would recommend it and I'm sure I'm going to be pleased by it:

IMG_4903.jpg

Turn signal switch:
found this turn signal switch at dime city. i liked the idea of it as its all in one however i didnt foresee how gigantic it would be. this thing is HUUUUUGE. i will be returning it:

IMG_4904.jpg

Last edited:
Perch:

the perch on the left is from dime city and the one on the right is from mikes xs. they are practically the same HOWEVER! the gold of the dime city perch matches the gold anodized parts I'm using perfectly which means i will be going with dime city on this one:

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I wish i had that many options. Up here in Canada, you need to make sure you order exactly what you need, cause of shipping and duties.. Cant really just send something back!

Mirror:

I like to be able to see behind me. call me paranoid. but I've been having some issues finding the perfect mirror. i found these 3" mirrors on a z bar which i thought could be cool as i was planning on only mounting one on my left side of the handle bar, after the clutch perch and running it below the handlebar. but these look pretty cheap not to mention the the 3" circle mirror doesn't look all that great:

IMG_4906.jpg

i may go with the oberon mirrors. I've used them on a prior build and they are worth every penny. a bit pricey but built so well. they are really nice. http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/adjustable-handlebar-clamp.html

maybe a fork mounted mirror could work:
ScreenShot2012-06-17at21242PM.png

2689856270102045454S500x500Q85.jpg

these sportster mirrors might do the trick:
harley_sportster_48_tank.jpg

Grips:

I've looked at every single grip known to man. from anything offered online to everything offered at the swap meats. there are some really nice ones out there and there are some really glittery ones out there too. i found these called jack hammer grips. not only do they match the replacement rubber pads for my bridgestone tank but they also came with a throttle. they are real heavy duty (probably built for jack hammers). I'm not sure how they will look with the bar ends i have but for now i think they will keep up with the constancy of the bike for sure:

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

TO SISSY OR NOT TO SISSY:

I've been having a hard time finding the perfect brake light and / or turn signals. i came across these which i thought could be interesting despite being fairly ordinary:

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

they seem pretty solid and super bright! (sorry i couldn't mock up the electrical situation and take a photo being that i only have two hands) but take my word for it they are bright but yellow.

so ill be moutning my bobbed rear fender without the use of struts and i won't be running a sissy bar. as a result i was planning on grinding off the fender strut tabs found at the end of the frame above the axel:
IMG_4918.jpg

but then i had an idea. mount the turn signals to the sissy bar struts!!!!
IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

so this calls into questions what will i use for a brake light. well i found this Run-Turn-Brake Controller and Diode Kit
http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm#Run-Turn-Brake_Controller_and_Diode_Kit_-Metric_Cruisers

ill need to swap the bulbs out for RED ones but otherwise i think my rear mission is complete!

Back