A ripp'n hardtail bobber build from a seized, desert rat: CALLING ALL DESTROYERS

with the electrical settled and inline fuses, ignition, headlight wires all set up im now allowed to focus on tightening up clutch and throttle lines.

im running two 34 mikuni carbs. connecting the two-to-one throttle cable is as:
photo-1-3.jpg

the throttle slithers its way through all of these parts right to left:
photo-11.jpg

tank is done. bungs and petcocks all plumbed in where they are supposed to be. ill be running two petcocks. one is open all the time and the second will be off until reserve is needed the i can flip to one.

I've put a grain in the metal and the tank is ready for paint.

as is the front fender.

the rear fender will get a little attention tomorrow
and the only thing left to do with finish up the front headlight "bucket"
(more on that later)

looks like ill be dropping things off for paint first thing monday morning just in time for a small trip out of town

a small shout out:
last weekend i was made an offer i couldnt refuse on my cafe racer. heres the new proud owner putting it in his truck:
photo-16.jpg

sooooo as of now im without a running bike but have a dope new helmet to wear around for fun (thanks to my beautiful lovely girlfriend who gave it to me for my bday):

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

if you dont know about ruby helmets check them out
finally dot approved...not that that matters

Actually most any of the bikes built before the 40s and 50s were hard tails. Only a few brands had any rear suspension so none of the racing bikes based on those same street bikes had rear suspension. Board trackers were one of many hard tail racing bikes.

Actually most any of the bikes built before the 40s and 50s were hard tails. Only a few brands had any rear suspension so none of the racing bikes based on those same street bikes had rear suspension. Board trackers were one of many hard tail racing bikes.

Yeaup! I love it...

Man I can't believe you sold the RYCA.....planning on building another? You inspired me to build one as well. I'm actually looking for a Savage right now

holler at me when youre ready i manufacture custom parts for the ryca that make it 30x better

see my thread listed below i talk all about it

im going to build another but not for a while i have some killer ideas for it but need to get through the next few builds first...

Man I can't believe you sold the RYCA.....planning on building another? You inspired me to build one as well. I'm actually looking for a Savage right now

brother from another mother:

my bike is ontop
a cool bike my friend found posted on a blog on bottom
funny how close they are:

photo-6-2.jpg

headlights:

before beginning this build i knew that i wanted to do something different with the headlight. with all the options out there i wasnt quite sure what i had in mind but after my endless search of collecting images of rad builds i finally gained some sense of what the front end of CALLING ALL DESTROYERS was going to be.

inspiration for my headlights are as follows...

heres this youtube sensation that i referenced early on in this thread as an inspiration:

olddude13's street tracker (he was nice enough to reveal which headlights he used):
headlight2.jpg

his thread can be seen here (thanks olddude!): http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4318

a bike from uprising 149:
headlight1.jpg

the common theme from these inspirations are the a-symmetrical designs within a 'number-plate' type plate.

this is what i ended up with. please note that the lights are tempt in and wont look cross-eyed in the end:
headlight3.jpg

rad
tell him to do the chain conversion
its easy and well worth it
and if he wants to do a manual decomp lever - let him know i have the piece for him
and a lithium battery conversion as well

So close. Keep up the good work! My bros got a savage build going on right now.

Parksscoot.jpg

back from a short vacation and the tins (most of them anyways) are back from paint:
photo-4-4.jpg

the tank is prepped and ready to be shot by hot rod / motorcycle painter bill baker:
photo-12.jpg

the plan is to keep the tank raw and with a little bit of blue similar to the blue to this picture posted way back when in my inspiration:
BubblevisorHelmetbabeottonero.jpg

the end is near i can see it!

battery box:
theres some good ideas when it comes hiding a battery. ive decided to go ahead and tuck mine where the starter should be, mainting the minimal, empty look im going for. as a result i need some sort of battery box that used the starter mount holes.

this is what was created:

the two halves pinch the battery box tight, using the starter mount holes:
IMG_0171.jpg

how it works:
IMG_0170.jpg

mounted:
IMG_0169.jpg

can barely even tell its there:
IMG_0167.jpg

Back