Acceleration stutter. Full throttle denial. Ghetto rigged carbs.

Yea..... i figured it out after i posted that... I was really hoping no one would catch that. yep. that happened. I freaking drove to the store and back, spewing oil from all four of them. not just that one.... :shootme:

Hee is a link to
PJ Motorsports
http://www.pjmotorsports.com/jetting-tuning.html

bv06579.png

Page gives a detailed explanation on how to jet for a lean or rich situation. This does not go into the differences for jetting at altitude

This is what is was hinting at earlier when i said be careful on information given about CV carbs for your carbs.........there is a different procedure for jetting Non CV cabs and CV carbs.........

So, yea this is the instruction guide from The Keihin official website. It is fairly on point. although it does not address PWK 33 float height. I found some dude's post a while back on this site that said he had a great set up and everything was fine and dandy and that he lived in colorado! And I’ve been following a lot of his original set up. At least that had a big influence on where I’ve started.

Is does offer to help if the information is not posted................Why don't you ask the experts.....They post an email offering help...........Experts

I question the float height settings, 18.6 is rather specific.......Usually it is to a MM and a +or - .......... .4 of a mm difference than the 19mm setting for the 28's. and 2.6mm different than the 35-39's..........i would be questioning that measurement with more information

If you have a good look around the site it takes you to the PWK 33-41 exploded views..........The 33 has the exact same needle set op as MikesXS and it gives a float height of 16mm.................

I'm starting to wounder if you are really trying...............hand holding stopping..........

Hahaha! Very interesting analogy. I never asked you to “hold my hand” though....? I don’t know where you’re going with that there though friend. Are you asking me to explain my reasoning of choosing 18.6 or else you won’t hold my hand? Ummmmm....

I chose 18.6 because in the process of attempting to get 19 on the dot, like the other guy from Colorado who got amazing results, I kept bending a little far each way. And I figured, since going to 19mm is going to essentially be a test run, to get a feel for where things need to be adjusted to and from, that I’d rather stop bending when I get close enough rather than continue to weaken the metal.

I put a lot of thought into the things that I’m doing for this bike. And I don’t particularly want to hold your hand. Ever, really. But I appreciate your input and insight. You have a different perspective which is good to hear sometimes.

Hi y’all. So I need to revive this thread. I’ve learned a few things since we were last having this conversation. I’ve attached a few items and wanted to give an update.

I recently had discovered that I was having an issue with my ignition. Mainly the e advancer, and in that whole process replaced my whole ignition situation and rewired my bike. I now have an authentic pamco and I set up the mechanical advancer. It works great. And I got the bike up and running almost instantaneously! It was incredible. I also purchased a brand new delkevic exhaust system. It’s a 2 into 1, which is a big upgrade from my incredibly crappy exhaust pipes that I previously had. So when I got it running, I knew that all the smoke coming out of it had to be from how rich these carbs run. I rode it halfway down the block before it puttered pit on me. And then now it just kind of putters trying to start. I pulled the spark plugs out and they were covere in carbon. They were black. So here I am and I’m going to swap the plugs with new ones. I am also purchasing new needles... I think... I think that would be the most beneficial for fixing the running so rich issue.
I have:
Pwk 33
Main jet - 115
Pilot - 35
Float height- 16mm
Needle - CGL

So I was wondering if getting a needle to make it leaner is the right way to go. First I have been adjusting the air mixture screw. And I feel that didn’t work. I’m as lean of a pilot jet as it goes. And the only thing left is the needle size. Right? How far do you think I should go if so? I was planning on buying five pairs of needles. I attached the sizes chart. And as I’m writing this I’m thinking i should give the air mixture screw another shot. I have mostly been keeping it around 1 full rotation. I’ve tried none, half, full, two, two and 3/4, and I’m back to one. But I’ll go through it again.

Attachments

• B2FDC2B2-5612-4131-8EA5-82A794809E24.jpeg
    B2FDC2B2-5612-4131-8EA5-82A794809E24.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 69D926A4-355A-4712-A00B-195388CB0274.jpeg
    69D926A4-355A-4712-A00B-195388CB0274.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 205
  • 0EF2EF53-E9D2-435F-9F07-64538891EFBD.jpeg
    0EF2EF53-E9D2-435F-9F07-64538891EFBD.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 182
  • 1EF55AF0-D8DB-4EE0-9F5F-B6DC69F4A947.png
    1EF55AF0-D8DB-4EE0-9F5F-B6DC69F4A947.png