Accustrike Welding Helmet Review

_MC6_

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
After being temporarily blinded several times by welding flash using a HF auto-dark helmet, I had pretty much made up my mind to invest in a traditional setup and some good lenses. I was looking on some of the forums and found some talk about the Accustrike helmet and was somewhat interested. They are also USA made.

From their website:

chero1.gif
chero2.gif
chero3.gif

I was unsure about the chin operated weld shade, although it seemed better than flipping up the visor every time. I placed an order for the helmet and #10 filters in green and gold. I called the 800 number on the website because I was a little unsure of the checkout system on their website. The gentleman that runs the company and is responsible for the helmet's design (from what I read) answered the phone on Sunday and took my order without any issues. The order arrived via USPS priority mail in three days.

Here is what arrived...

tumblr_llt51iQkyC1qj6hhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_llt52koE0C1qj6hhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_llt53bragC1qj6hhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_llt52wf31I1qj6hhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_llt528Kkkz1qj6hhgo1_500.jpg

I have used it for several days now. The first few hours were extremely frustrating. The instructions say the helmet has to be adjusted perfectly to work. I have a huge head and it was difficult to operate the chin strap without the headband very tightly adjusted (I did get a headache!). I took a little time to reflect on my growing frustration and walked away from it. One of the reasons that I love learning to welding and metalwork l is the precision and patience required. After a few other chores were completed, I came back and took the time to work with it and it seemed to go a lot easier. I had to remember was to raise the shade before putting the helmet on. With the shade down the chin strap fits against your chin and makes it impossible to don the helmet. By now you may be thinking it's not worth the trouble, but it is. I had a bunch of repetitive welding to do and after I was finished, I was starting to get used to the helmet. I won't say that I will not purchase another AD helmet, and if I do it won't be a cheap one. For now, this is the only helmet that I own and my eyes like it so far....

Attachments

• chero1.gif
    chero1.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 8
  • chero2.gif
    chero2.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
it would be nice to talk to someone with the hood on, and not accidentally flip it down just cause you nodded at some one. interesting.

Back